Old Ammo

HuntinFool

9334006.jpg

8222005.jpg

6699004.jpg

What do you guys think this ammo is worth? The box of .22 is full of ammo. The mark 5 shotgun shell box is about half full, and the federal shotgun shell box is completely full. The federal shotgun shells are paper shells, and the Mark 5 is when the plastic shells were just coming out. Anyone want to buy it?

Well the boxes look pretty beat up to be worth much as a collector's item, but you might be surprised. Some might pay a little for them. I wouldn't pay more than what they are worth today brand new.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

There are 3 boxes for $25 starting bid on auctionarms.com for the 22 highpower. Most of that stuff does not go up in value all that much even with mint packaging. A few of the really rare oddball stuff goes up a little but not much will get you rich. I like the older packaging and the nostalgia that goes with it. I'd say hang onto them and pass them down to your grand kids. They might make something. Plus they are cool to have out of shelves and such.

I have a small collection of old paper shotgun shells. Some full boxes and a lot of singles. They're fun to have but not worth much, at least as of yet. They don't make them any more though. I definatly would keep the full box in tact. Old hunting loads are more desirable than target loads, usually.

Like fireball said, some of the old boxes are in demand. Especially the ones that have old hunting scenes and such.

Check out ebay under "shotgun shell boxes". There are some cool ones once in awhile. Of course ebay does not allow ammo, just the empty boxes. (they're dorks).

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom