Ogden Moose Unit

U

uhgs11

Very disappointed in the quality of moose that I have seen so far this year. I have talked to at least 15 other hunters who are saying the same thing. I have hunted my rear end off for 10 days and I'm only seeing 30 inch bulls. All the transfers the DWR has done and the huge amount of tags seem to have effected this unit. I'll keep at it though. Hopefully the big one will come my way.

I was up in cutler basin yesterday and saw only dinks. We lost a lot of moose this year in Mt Green and South Fork. Tough year for a tag IMO.

my father in law had the morgan south rich tag and we struggled to find his bull he shot last weekend. We weren't seeing the moose numbers either like they have in the past. We talked to a sheriff up by huntsville and he said the winter kill was horrible even on the moose.

Good Luck
WW0801

I've been helping a buddy in the Ogden Unit. Been a tough year, hunting several different areas throughout the unit and same ol' story. Seeing quite a few moose but the quality is not there as mentioned. I feel bad for those with tags this year, once in a lifetime to shoot a 30" bull. Shed antlers I pick up off this unit over the last few years tells the same story - quality is gone. The DWR has mananged to screw this up by offering more tags, They will probably offer even more tags next year - it's all about the $$$$$.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom