Oct. 1st cant come soon enough

Y

yollyhunter

Just a few more weeks and ill be chasing mulies up in the warner mountains. I cant wait to get up there i love that area and i love mule deer. Ive been chasing around blackies at home for a few weeks with my bow, but no luck. Anybody else out there getting excited for the their x zone tag?

Yup! hope the weather gets even cooler too! Something about the smell of sage in the morning air..... ahhh!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-11 AT 09:08PM (MST)[p]ooops! darn slow computer double post

Good luck I just came back yesterday from 3 weeks in x9a hunting the A16 archery season , me and my buddies covered well
over 60 miles from lee vining down to Magee creek and everywhere in between and the big boys still have not come down and are above the 11k mark or higher. We hiked up to the 10k elevation several times in various back country locations and saw 1, 3x3 and two forkies the entire trip> oh i forgot the 4x3 that was in our camp at convict when we came back in that my son was feeding bread from his hand.Couldnt take him he never left camp until dark. We saw approx 120 does 3 spikes and two button bucks,(one spike was approx 3 yrs old and looked like a elk 20")
So i have concluded without the ability to take does and thin out the herd or remove what would be deemed mgt bucks or inferior gentic bucks in the greatly screwed up state of california our once great herd will continue to decline into nothingness.But sincerly good luck hope you boys can do with your rifles what we couldnt do with stick & string.
As for me i will be hunting out of state next season , nevada or utah , this states wildlife and resources are being so mis managed that I cant see giving them anymore of my money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom