NV NR Antelope Which unit?

BIGOLMULEY

I Know this is asked all the time, but.... I have enough points to draw any NR archery tag in the state. I am a huge archery guy, and a full time guide that has no hunts until Sep. 1. So I have the time to spend most of the season.
I have been in a # of the units on the east side, but none on the west. I have noticed that 033 is open to NR this year. Looking at the odds it is the toughest to draw.

What I am looking for is terrain that is a little easier to stalk in. I will sit water holes, but would prefer stalking.

I have killed two goats before, a 72" and 76". But not with my bow. So score is not of huge importance, but would love an 80" goat obviously. But with the points, why not get the best place right?

By the way, if anyone is interested to join me, then lets do it. I wish you could apply as a party on goats, but nay in NV.

Thanks for any help,

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

I have hunted almost all of the northwest units with my bow. 033 is the best unit in my opinion for a trophy. however I have seen some monsters in 015, 12-14 and the 32,34,35 unit. I took a 74 inch lope with my bow in 2006 right outside of knott creek. (I'm on my work computer so sorry no pictures). IF you want more details PM me and I will be happy to help out.

I was in 33 this year during the rifle season. Let me know if you have any questions. If you draw, be ready for scorching hot conditions, no shade, dust that gets inside just about everything, lave rock, and horses up the whazooo! [email protected]

I ended up going
032-035
041-042

I may not draw 033 because first year a NR tag is offered and a bunch of people will put in, but I would guess for sure one of the others

Thanks for all the help

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom