NV Bighorn released from cage

feddoc

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-31-11 AT 12:22PM (MST)[p]It looks like DGF is releasing some big horn sheep in Nevada.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20111030/NEWS/111030022/Historic-release-Bighorn-sheep-back-Virginia-Range?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

Feel free to post your own pic of NV Bighorn in a cage. :)

NVBighorn.jpg

For the first time in more than a century, bighorn sheep are back in the Virginia Mountain Range of Northern Nevada.

On Sunday, the Nevada Department of Wildlife and volunteers from conservation groups, released eight desert bighorn sheep into Virginia Mountains south and east of Reno. It's the first step in an effort to re-establish a population of Nevada?s state animal there for the first time since the 1880s.

In the days ahead, more transplants are planned to bring the total release up to between 40 and 50 animals....

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

>It seems NV held one back
>for himself.
>
>
>

I didn't realize there was an actual photo; all I had was a police artist's sketch.

sheep.jpg

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I was there for the release, it was pretty cool seeing them release an animal that hasn't been in that area since the 1800's. And the article that they posted in the news paper, they had a picture of me video taping the release on the front page of the news paper.

"Elk dont know how many feet a horse had" - Bear Claw

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom