NV Big Horn Sheep

kilowatt

This is all the info I have that was with e-mail. It was an 189" as a 5-1/2 year old Big Horn taken recently in NV. The bases are 18", 2rd 1/4@16-4/8", 3rd 1/4@14-7/8", 4th @9-6/8" and 38" long.
44f85b405d08e0ba.jpg

44f85b8360912a2d.jpg

44f85bac60ea6322.jpg

P8270100.jpg

what a stud!
heading out for antelope hunt right now ......see ya!
jack

Nice looking Sheep. I had no idea that a sheeps body was that big. Looks like about 300# or more.

Congrats to the hunters. Looks like typical sheep country....steep with lots of rocks...LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Dang! Tn feels like a world away from Nv. That's an awesome sheep. Congrats to the hunter.

What a toad!!! I don't know what the current NV record is, but my 1995 Nevada record book puts 189 in 1st place.

I'm sure that once they wait the required period for an offical measurement, the net results will be known. I too thought that it had a BIG body or that the hunter was a very small individual.

Brian

very nice ram, my brother had this tag last year and I do beleive we have this sheep on video from that hunt. We also hunted with Mike Morrison

Sounds like the measurments are a little off. 18 inch bases are unheard of. It also appears that the other base measurments are off. 14" third quarter circumference, not a chance. Dont get me wrong its a nice ram but it sure doesnt look like it would score anywhere close to 189.

the video we have on this sheep is he is running, walking, standing and going across a face of a snow bank with some other rams and with the naked eye you could see he was much larger that any of the other rams. I would like to measure it or see the check-in measurments from the fish and game

I'm with Remy. The basal measurements seem to be a bit off. Still a dandy of a ram, though.

for 18" bases he sure does slim down fast. You usually don't see a ram go down 9 inches between base and third 1/4. Most deserts only go down about 5&1/2". But that none the less is ONE GREAT RAM! I wish I could kill one someday!

What a nice sheep! i would have taken him in a heartbeat! But I agree with the others. 18" seems a bit off on the measurements.

3dflagsdotcom_us_tx_2fawm.gif

O.K. I took the measurements given, added them up, and then doubled them ( giving a rough score for both horns). I come up with 194+ with the measurements reported to us. I'm thinking the bases are much closer to 16.5.

maddglasser, remember this is a 5 1/2 year old ram, so he'll have a very rapid taper to his horns.

would a 5@1/2 year old ram have those kind of base inches? Most sheep don't!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom