NV 05

D

DougW

43305a1f3d790495.jpg

Hey folks...

Got this one on Aug. 31 up near Winnemucca...third day...saw 2 bigger but they were already harvested.

Doug,

Congrats!

We're leaving thursday evening for a little Lope chasing. Getting excited!

Doug,

I hunted that area as well. I shot a heavy horned 13 incher near Majuba canyon. That was a hot, dry and dusty hunt. I got mine on the 29th.. I was kinda in a hurry because I had an elk tag in NM.

972elk-
Do you have a pic?
It cooled off on Tues, which made things easier to hunt and seemed to get the animals up and around a bit. Mine was just under 14" and grossed just under 70. I hunted from Poker Brown Gap up towards Majuba one morning, but no luck. The next day I went back up into the range northwest of Lovelock and got mine. I heard the Trinitys were good this year but I didn't make it down there.

How'd your elk hunt go?

Doug,

Haven't cut my tag as of yet. My buddy shot a nice buck the second day of the hunt after passing on some much nicer ones the first day. Judging mistake on our part. Still had a good time though. Heading back up later this week.

Doug,
Nice buck, looks like some good mass, nice curl, and decent prongs. Congrats!

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

I have a picture of my but I had a difficut time posting my elk photo..I'll see if I can get it on here.. Mine scored out about 70" as well. He had about 3" broken off on one side. If I would have saw that I probably would not have shot him. But, it was a fun hunt. We were camped north of Lovelock, by the 7 troughs area. The weather and dust were brutal..

My elk hunt went great. I shot a 375" 8x9 in New Mexico. It's on the elk form under new to MM.

972elk-

Man what a bull. Congrats...I pray I'll see one even close to that on my NV hunt in a little more than a month from now (Ely).

If you want to email me your antelope pic I can probably get it posted. Is it a gif or jpg?

Thanks...I think the photo is jpg..

I can't believe you drew an Elk tag in Nevada as well..How many points?? Unit 111?? How many points did it take you to draw the Antelope?? I got mine with 3 points.. I have 6 for deer and 5 for elk...Hopefully, I'll be back hunting in Nevada soon..I'll try to get you my antelope photo soon..Thanks..Jim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom