NR Wolf Tag.... Should I try?

elks96

Long Time Member
Ok guys, I have been frustrated with the recent tag hikes and what appears to be poor managment by your state G&F in regsrds to deer herds and what appeared to be total lack of action following the last really hard winter(same occurred here in CO). On the flip side I was one of the few nonresident hunters who pushed hard to support the WY wolf plan. In fact I was quoted on a few separate occasion in articles surrounding the issue. As a state I am very glad that that WY had the guts and strength to stick to your guns and get the right Wolf management plan passed. As a Colorado Hunter your plan has saved the future of hunting in Colorado for the time being.

That being said, should I get a NR wolftag? The price is right. I know the season length will depend largely on the quote, but assume the units were still open in Nov and Dec, would the areas holding the wolves be accessible? Can I expect to find wolves on the Public land in these areas? I do not mind hunting hard and travrlling a lot. I have been a perdator hunter for years and have managed to call a lion, I would love to check wolves off my list.

Are there any areas outside the trophy areas where the wolves are currently running and maybe a guy could cross paths with one and take it under the "predator status?".

Thanks for insight. I have good 4wd vehicles, but will it be necessary to have a snowmobile access???

WOW, lots of insight asked for for a first time ever hunt...

The length of the season is determined, but subject to change, depending on whether the judge determines to allow to hunt to continue while litigation is in process come November.

There are wolves in the predatory area, though it is big country and they are not thick. Lincoln county and depending on the border of the trophy game area, parts of Park county no doubt will have some. Sublette county as well.

I warrant they will be easier to hunt after some heavy snow fall. They will get hammered hard early on around the elk feed grounds in the trophy hunt areas and it won't take them long to learn. It'll be a nice break for our elk. I expect the quota will fill quickly by the time some snow accumulates.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom