NR AZ HUNTER EDUCATION CLASS

DonMartin

Very Active Member
Well guys, its time to start getting ready for our first non-resident Hunter Education class for 2010.

The one day class will be held on January, 9, 2010 here in Kingman AZ.

In order to take this class, you must have taken Hunter Ed in your home state and must FAX a copy of your Hunter Ed card to Dave Williams at G&F in Phoenix. His phone number is 623-236-7434.

Take the class and you get a permanent bonus point for ALL of Arizona's big game species.

Only way you NR guys that are just one point short of max for deer and are trying for a Strip archery or rifle deer tag, you got to have this class IF that is what you are missing to get into the max bonus point pool!

Sorry, that's the way it is.

I think this year I know of four guys who got various premium big game tags AFTER they took one of the two classes we taught in 2009.

Contact me at 928-681-4867 or by e-mail at [email protected] if you have any questions.

If you are an archer, think about applying for an archery javelina tag, then after you take the class, you can hunt pigs for a day or two. You must apply soon for those tags.

I'll also be arranging for a small discount at one of our local motels for those coming in Friday night or staying after the class on Saturday. Give me a call and I'll tell you about it.

See 'ya in January...

Don Martin
Chief Instructor
AZ Hunter Education
Kingman

Don, if I took the hunter safety course in Idaho when I was younger can I still take the NR course that you offer? And are there any limitations?

You need to have taken a class and graduated after 1985 to qualify. Before that time, doesn't count. You need a certificate or something to prove to G&F that you took and graduated from the class.

If you took it after that date (1985), then you can take the one-day class instead of a full resident class.

Just to be politically correct, I will advise that you could also take the online class....

Don Martin

Don, is this online class for arizona? If so that would qualify you for the bonus point?
Thanks

Guys and Girls..

If you are thinking about taking this class but thinking that you will not learn anything..take it. Don teaches you more that just hunting safty. You can also pick up you 2010 hunting licenses and hunt some pigs.

Take it from a guy that took the class a few years ago.

Huntnup

We will do another class in April, but date has not been set.

My team is all volunteers so it takes a little doing to get everyone lined up.

The reason we do the January class is for the folks who need the permanent bonus point for elk and antelope.

The April class is done to make sure you have that extra point before the sheep and deer draws occur.

We know its a long day, but hopefully we put out information that will be useful to you when you're thinking about your application strategy.

We will have the most current info for the upcoming draws, and will gladly share that info with the class and to some that alone is worth the $5 we charge to take the class!

Don Martin
Chief Instructor
Kingman
Hunter Education

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-09 AT 09:47AM (MST)[p]Guys:

I need to clarify on what is required of NR's in order to take the class.

You have to have taken hunter ed in your home state since 1980 in order to qualify to take the one-day supplemental class in Arizona. You must FAX a copy of your hunter ed card to Mr. Williams in Phoenix- not me.

Also, there is no requirement for NR's who want to hunt the Kaibab or Strip to take hunter ed.

However, it is well known that unless you have maximum bonus points for deer, as a NR you cannot draw either an archery or rifle Unit 13B tag.

You won't draw a late Kaibab rifle tag either as a NR unless you have max points, and that does include the hunter ed point.

Archery Kaibab tags and early Kaibab rifle tags can be drawn by NR's without max points.

I hope this helps!

Don Martin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom