Now this is craftsmanship

joesikora

Long Time Member
reqid=f0648a10-3802-193d-2dc2-ec0021010a00&sig=noY.png
02-193d-2dc2-ec0021010a00&sig=cJbGmooDJx4_GvcWQk2z.jpg
A Miniature Masterpiece​
To mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee this weekend, we are looking at perhaps one of the most famous Purdey guns ever made - the Miniature Gun. One of only three ever produced, commissioned to commemorate King George V's Silver Jubilee in 1935, they are a tour de force of gunmaking skill and craftsmanship.​
act.purdey.com%2Fcustloads%2F875891157%2Fmd_320769.jpg
Perfectly Scaled​
Although we built a smaller pair of guns for Queen Mary's Dolls House, these are the smallest working Purdeys ever completed. They are exact copies of King George V's last pair of hammer ejector guns, but to 1/6th scale, and are so small that the completed guns were weighed in drams rather than ounces.​
act.purdey.com%2Fcustloads%2F875891157%2Fmd_320770.jpg
Fit For A King​
All three guns were produced by the same men who made the King's full-size guns, including all three of the Lawrences and the famed engraver, Harry Kell. The pair, No. 25,000 and 25,001, were presented to the King on 6th May 1935 in a Garrards-made silver double guncase, together with a matching box of working Eley Ejector brass cartridges.​
act.purdey.com%2Fcustloads%2F875891157%2Fmd_320771.jpg
A Very Special Birthday Present​
This third gun was presented to Tom Purdey by our craftsmen in 1938 to mark the occasion of his 41st birthday. This incredible piece of history has since travelled the world as a perfect representation of the craftsmanship and skills we still use in our guns today.​

I don’t know anything about the little ones, but I’ve shot a couple Purdeys before. I shot them just as shitty as I shoot most shotguns, but they felt like they fit me better than any other shotgun I’ve shot before or since.

My mind goes to G.I. Joe maybe retiring from the military and taking-up upland bird hunting....

(BTW, I'm talking like, the REAL Joe with the pull-string and the fuzzy hair that would rub off and make bald spots on his head. Not those little 4 inch replacement dudes that came later.... ;) )

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom