Now that we're in it......

DW

Long Time Member
......what would you do different? To kinda piggyback off deerkillers thread, we're into this thing a ways now, what would you do different to be better prepared? I've got a coop, but haven't had chickens for a few years, eggs got scarce around here. I usually have 10lbs+ of pasta on hand, got caught short when this happened. Wish I had more canned venison on hand rather than full freezers. I've contemplated gettin a couple 16' pieces of 6" pvc with end caps, fillin em full of TP and stickin em up in the shed rafters and forgettin about em until a situation like this happens. I've questioned my sanity on that last one, till now. What will you change when this gets straightened out?

Coffee and 160 gr 7mm bullets are the only things I got caught with my pants down on. Oh, and the market :oops:

I think I would rather have cash than livestock. Better to barter with.

They're sellin eggs for $5 a dozen, and I've seen guys advertising burger for $8/lb.! Heard on the hoof beef was down. Half tempted to buy one at the sale barn, walk him across the parkin lot to the processor and double my money! Pulled a little cash out to get me thru if I needed it, now a lot of places don't want to handle cash cause they're affraid it's covered in the beer flu!

Hey DW!

How Much Money You wanna Spend on the PVC & TP?:D

I'm Allergic to Eggs!

So I won't be Buyin any Chickens!

They've Bought up all the Feed Around Here So Buyin Chickens might only Work till Fall or Till the Predators Slick them up!

Diesel Fuel only Dropped .09-.10 a Gallon & Crude is just above 21.00 a Barrel,SPLAIN That?

Hey DW!

How Much Money You wanna Spend on the PVC & TP?:D

I believe ill wait a bit to remedy that one!

I'm Allergic to Eggs!

So I won't be Buyin any Chickens!

I've seen chickens in that roadkilled deer pic you had hangin in yer yard?!

They've Bought up all the Feed Around Here So Buyin Chickens might only Work till Fall or Till the Predators Slick them up!

Diesel Fuel only Dropped .09-.10 a Gallon & Crude is just above 21.00 a Barrel,SPLAIN That?

Can't. Don't they just run crude thru a cheesecloth to make diesel? Gas is down to $1.88 here. Them oil boys ain't gonna wanna finish their basements. I'll feel it soon enough!

For a few years I've toyed with the idea of a "salsa garden". Onions, peppers, tomatoes.

I'm still thinking, and probably will be for another year.

A government job. That's the one thing I look at. While my gov employee friends are enjoying their paid vacation, I'm wandering around in a body condom still trying to eke out a living

Improve and expand our root cellar. We are doing great on the desert. We shop once a month normally so being stocked up is simply a way of life. I do make a Friday trip into civilization weekly to get prescriptions and groceries for a few elderly neighbors and two couples with lowered immune systems. But if I wasn’t doing that, I would be ok for groceries and staples for a couple of months.

For a few years I've toyed with the idea of a "salsa garden". Onions, peppers, tomatoes.

I'm still thinking, and probably will be for another year.

A government job. That's the one thing I look at. While my gov employee friends are enjoying their paid vacation, I'm wandering around in a body condom still trying to eke out a living

I've been threatening a greenhouse for a bit. Hail and grasshoppers here make it a lesson in futility without one. Gonna try and have it done before May 1st.

My wife bought a couple LED grow lights and she has maters, cukes, peppers already growing. I could think of a crop that would be worth more but this is Idaho haha.
I wish we had more rice and that is all.

I doubt I'd change much at all, except next chance I get I'm going to load up on face masks, its possible my guys will get back to work next week but face masks will be required and I don't have any.
Spent several hours on the net this morning trying to locate some finally found some they ended up costing me $9 each plus $40 for two day shipping, chaps my ass I ended up spending $500 bucks for 50 masks that I could of got for $20 before the SHTF.

I doubt I'd change much at all, except next chance I get I'm going to load up on face masks, its possible my guys will get back to work next week but face masks will be required and I don't have any.
Spent several hours on the net this morning trying to locate some finally found some they ended up costing me $9 each plus $40 for two day shipping, chaps my ass I ended up spending $500 bucks for 50 masks that I could of got for $20 before the SHTF.

Ouch!

Yea no kiddin’, but the show must go on..
0499FB62-D7A5-4529-97BB-3D9EAEFFB34F.jpeg

?

I had 3 boxes if n95 dust masks in January.

Took 1 to my mom's, 1 to in-laws.

They are all retired. After stock crashes, they might all be for sale on eBay at that price.

Been thinking about this thread all day, and can’t help but wonder if the worst is yet to come.
Just because all seems well now doesn’t mean the economy is just going to Magically bounce back in a month or two, and what if this stuff flares up again in the near future? could we possibly be headed for a major depression/ recession?

I don’t know to much about that stuff, I just live day to day work hard and play hard with as little amount of news and political crap as possible polluting my head.

1F97DD0D-9456-4078-8646-58D184C71AC7.jpeg

There's no light switch that will turn the economy back on. 17 million unemployed in the blink of an eye and thousands of businesses destroyed. I don't believe many of these jobs and businesses will be coming back. The models have been wildly inaccurate and are now predicting perhaps 60k deaths. That's on par with the seasonal flu rates. Insanity IMO - but here's a check

And 90% of these People Waitin on their Check will Buy some kind of Small Luxury they Don't need!

Then They'll be waitin on their Next Check!

after a 2 week stoppage in India.....the punjabs can now see the Himalayas....from 100 miles. That might be better to some than eating.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom