Not worth it?

You mean Guys?

Too Bad He didn't get em all!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Geez 26 shots and chasing them for eight miles. He must have really had some kind of connection with that Solar light.

Believe it or not I had to investigate a similar case that happen in my beat. A local rancher and business owner had been plague with thefts from his barn. One early evening he caught a burglar leaving his barn with a very expensive parade saddle worth a few thousand. He chased the burglar in his pickup and fired several shots at the suspects vehicle.

The last shot went though the rear window and missed the suspect's head by about 2-4 inches causing the suspect to crash his vehicle and flee on foot. The victim drove to the nearest home in the rural area and asked to use the phone to call the cops. While there in the house, the burglar walked up to the house and asked the home owner to use the phone to call a friend to come and get him as some crazy guy had shot at him. The victim then stuck his 357 mag in the suspect's face and stated he was the crazy man and if the suspect did not get on the ground and surrender he would shoot him on the spot.

I got there a few minutes later and took the suspect into custody and interviewd the victim after the suspect invoked his rights not to speak to me without his attorney being present.
The victim described the event to me and admitted that he fired several shots at the suspect's vehicle while in hot pursuit in his own vehicle.
I had to admonish the victim by telling him he is not allowed to use deadly force against a property crime suspect unless his own life was indangered by the suspect and ASKED him if he was just trying to disable the vehicle in order to capture the theft and recover his expensive stolen saddle.

The victim looked at me with a smile and stated, "yes officer I was just trying to disable his vehicle by shooting at the tires and somehow that last shot was a mite high and hit his rear window.
I transported the suspect to jail and booked him for burglary and he ended up pleding guilty to the charge. Not quite the end of the story.

About 2 months later I was driving by the victims ranch and noticed something at the side of his driveway entrance. There was a wood tombstone standing in the ground with these words written on it. "Here lies a saddle thieft, RIP". The victim was not bothered by anymore thefts after that incident.

RELH

Foundation, that's my point. He may have been like me and had been stole from a couple times in the past. Catch a guy or "guys" in the act and take the whole world out on them. I'm sure i'd lose it if i caught a guy stealing my stuff but is it worth doing serious time over?

As said, I might be best off if he/they get away... or better yet, caught by someone else. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey I have know more then several persons who live in a rural area that used a shotgun or pistol to fire in the air and scare the crap out of a thief. It is comical sometimes what the thief did or happen to him as he tried to flee in a raging panic.
It is amazing how that thief will spread the word around to his criminal friends not to screw with so and so as that crazy S.O.B. will shoot you.

RELH

Good idea RELH, scare the F&*K outa them enough and they won't come back! lol

I caught up with a guy that broke into my little rental cabin when i first moved to Chester some 30+ years ago. I was a bit more of a physical specimen then than i am now if you can imagine. Anyway, i knew this kids Dad, the kid was 16-17, i knew were his Dad was and went and told him i had a plan if it was OK with him. He agreed!

So i knocked on their door, the kid was home alone, and when the kid answered/opened the door, his eye's got big around as paper plates. Mikie just backed away all the way across the living room and climbed up the back of the couch leaning against the far wall. I slowly followed him in saying something like this.

"Oh, Hi Mikie, how you doing? Hey did you know that word has gotten around town that you're the guy who broke into my Cabin and stole my stuff? Yep, they say it was you and i guess they were right but now i got a problem. I'm not exactly sure how i can off you and get rid of the body, should i just do you here and risk someone seeing me load you up or should we just take a little ride and i'll do you up the river someplace? What do you think is best in this case Mikie?

It went on like that for another 5-10 minutes and i don't know if i ever saw a kid so scared. Far as i know, he never stole anything again in his life. lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Saw in the local paper today He was sentenced to 80 years. This all happened right up by our family cabin. This guy is not quite right. One winter day my son and I were snowmobiling up past his place. On the way back my son took a ride in the meadow across from this guys property. He must have owned it (no signs)because he started shooting. I couldn't tell you where he was aiming as I couldn't see him but I wasn't going to wait to find out. All I wanted to do was get my son's attention and get out of there. There were other stories like that also.

My wife and I were gone for about 2 hours last night. When I pulled into the driveway I noticed my caribou antlers were along side the garage. WTH??? How did a dog do that I wondered? Then I remembered they were up in the rafters when we left. Unbelievable!!

So far, a hand full of blacktail racks are missing, one of my Avet fishing reels, and about $85 in change that was in a zip lock bag. (it's my collection of poker winnings from work). GONE!

I left the side door unlocked I guess because no sign of break in.

Nothing sacred any more.

Eel

get as close to the front of the get away car as nessesary to " feel your life was in danger" Then put 2 in his head. And your only comment is " I felt my life was in danger" problem solved!

>get as close to the front
>of the get away car
>as nessesary to " feel
>your life was in danger"
>Then put 2 in his
>head. And your only comment
>is " I felt my
>life was in danger" problem
>solved!
+1. I just had my stolen truck returned to me, they have nerve walking on my property and taking my stuff what is next? They were caught and charged only in possession of stolen property and will be out in February of 2014.They get fed and had fun in my truck. I will put a gun on the next SOB who try's to steal from me!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom