Not Political This Time

2lumpy

Long Time Member
Just got back from a trip to Montana. Never had this happen every before.

Booked many hotel rooms on the road before, through a bunch of different online .coms

On a last minute decision I called www.agoda.com. Booked a room for $169 at a La Quinta in Helena, Montana. Arrived about 8:00 pm last Weds. night. They put me in my room with no problem.

Never paid anymore attention to it until I go back last night and started going through my VisaCard records to do a little gas mileage review, and noticed two LaQuinta Inn charges for the same day. One for $169 from www.agoda.com and one for $172 from LaQuinta Inn, Helena, Montana

I called the hotel this morning, the manager said, “we show no record of ever having had you here. We have never charged you or a CC from you at this hotel. If you have a complaint…… call your booking agent.” And hung up.

I went “chit, I wonder if there are two La Quanta Inn in Helena and I went to the wrong one.

Nope, looked it up, only one in Helena and that’s where we stayed.

Called Agoda, Customer Service said, “we have no record of your name, your CC number, or your email address, not record of you in our system.” I asked to speak to a supervisor, all were on a break. Asked to wait on hold…….. let the phone set for 5 hours, still no supervisor. Hung up.

Called my Bank. Had the Bank reverse the charges with the hotel, let the charges with Agoda stay. Figured I called them first, if the La Quinta (Wyndham) wants their money they can fight their agent for it.

I will pay once but not twice……… I slept there, so I owe somebody but they can pound sand if they think they are going to chit on me that easy.

Wouldn’t be all that worked up but now I’ve got all my accounts to redo with a new CC card number. SOBs!

This isn’t the first rodeo I have had with phony CC charges over the years but this is a new kind of one. It could become a considerable pain the a$$. I asked the Bank if she’d ever run into it before. She said, yes, this wasn’t the first time for her.

Anyone else have hotel and booking agency’s double charge you before. May have to start watching closer……. Like at check out, which I rarely do.

Attached are my Bank charges from the Visa Card clearing the Bank.

Last edited:
You paid the booking agent and then when you got to the hotel maybe you paid again at the counter.
Lumpy were you drinking?

GAWD Forbid Somebody Saying:

Mr Lumpy You Have Already Paid!

Once They Get It,It's Usually An Act Of Congress To Get It Back!

You paid the booking agent and then when you got to the hotel maybe you paid again at the counter.
Lumpy were you drinking?
Yep……. drinking all day, Diet Coke, nectar of the gods! Drunk on scenic beauty. Northern Montana is a lush garden this summer.

Fun thing is bc, I don’t recalled I ever gave her my CC at check in, when she handed me the signing sheet, it was already filled in. I remember because when I signed I looked to see if she charged me what I was quoted by the Agoda agent and there was no amount on the sheet. She said, “Oh, that won’t be on there until after you check out tomorrow.” I just figured, “oh well, I’ll check later.” Which I never do, cause I never run up any charges I need to pay extra for, so when morning comes I just hit the road. Been doing it that way for 45 years……… no more I guess.

As SS!, says …… Boomer……. Times they are a changing.

Hell, I don’t think you can even pay cash for a room anymore…… it’s like buying a plane ticket……… name, rank, and serial number or you ain’t staying here!!!

Lumpy were you drinking?
? I know for a fact I didn’t offer to pay at the counter… but she darn sure ran my CC from there……. again.

I figured they could have made an honest mistake……… right up till the manager told me I wasn’t anywhere in their system, an hung up on me. It’s not like my name’s Jim, John, or Joe. Mine kinda hangs out there like…….bad belly gas. You can’t miss it.

I Hear You Lumpy!

And You're Right!

Can't Pay With Legal Tender For a Room!

A Couple Of Our Local GUT-WRENCHER Places Tried That Here!

I Told The PUNK-ASS Jack-Asses:

You're Accepting The legal Tender Or I'm Calling The Law In Right F'N Now!

They Changed Their Tune Real Quick!

LAZY SOB's Are So LAZY & DUMB They Can't Count Change!

I got screwed by the Hyatt in Denver like that once. They charged me for an extra room I never had or even knew about.

Trying to resolve it with the hotel was a waste of time, as it appears all of their staff has attended obfuscation training.

Ultimately it was resolved in our favor through the credit card dispute process, but it was I giant PITA.

Hyatt is owned by Mariott and when I used to ride the plane I stayed at A LOT of them. I called their frequent flier desk and raised hell, so they gave me 25,000 points and 4 breakfast vouchers. I enjoyed them in Kauai. :cool:

I got screwed by the Hyatt in Denver like that once. They charged me for an extra room I never had or even knew about.

Trying to resolve it with the hotel was a waste of time, as it appears all of their staff has attended obfuscation training.

Ultimately it was resolved in our favor through the credit card dispute process, but it was I giant PITA.

Hyatt is owned by Mariott and when I used to ride the plane I stayed at A LOT of them. I called their frequent flier desk and raised hell, so they gave me 25,000 points and 4 breakfast vouchers. I enjoyed them in Kauai. :cool:
You sent me to Webster again blue. Now that I know what that means, I agree.

I guess folks on our end of these PiTA events should just “start out” being the PITA in the CC dispute process…….before ever contacting the hotel.
I prefer to approach people I do business with respectfully but if they have a policy based on…….. FU, then FU it is, I guess.

Hell of a way to live!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom