Not Idaho, but a nice muley

scubasteven25

My friend shot this basic 5X5 with 8 sticker points with a couple broken off. We were hunting private land in central New Mexico, Unit 38. Hunting was good as we saw several nice bucks but only got this one on the ground. Weather was not nice as wind was blowing each day at least 30+ mph with gusts over 50. Also saw some really nice Oryx on the ranch. Enjoy the pics.

DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0275.jpg

DSCN0272.jpg

man i love that buck!!! escpecially the sticker points : ) glad to here you guys got one down anyway. over all how was it?

Most guys that look at the Idaho forum look at the Mule deer forum too. So why post it here? Not trying to be rude or anything just curious. :) but besides that NICE BUCK!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-10 AT 09:57AM (MST)[p]I live in Mountain Home, Idaho and that is why I posted here. I am not one to check the other areas of the forum and am sure to not be the only one.

The hunt itself was fantastic. We saw a couple of big deer right off the bat. This is my 12th consecutive year of hunting on my friend's family land down there. This was by far the best year as far as size of bucks. Didn't quite have the numbers. The weather was normally upper 20's, low 30's than would warm to mid to upper 50's. Wind just kept blowing starting Saturday morning and never stopped. 30+ mph every day with gusts well over 50 on several occasions. I had a shot at a really nice 4X4 on Sunday but either I hit a tree limb or just plain missed. I am unsure as it was late in the evening and we never went back to look at the tree limbs that were in my way. We just looked for blood and never found any.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom