Not Even Close To Perfect

Snuffy

Was up on the mountain again today.
Took the truck today,went down a road and sunk the truck below a stock tank. Worked at it for hours.
Finally hiked up to the main road and flaged down a dirt biker.
He brought his truck down (lifted Dodge but no tires).
Since I was in deep told him to pull me from behind so he backs up to go around my truck and he is stuck right next to me. So we do the same thing I had done for hours on my truck, shovel, come along ect,. His dirt bike buddy finds us so we send him to a camp for more help. After a tough yank we are out.
Offered money to everyone involved but no takers.
Glad some young people are decent.
Not how my day was planned but a pretty good adventure and met some great people.

Yeah been there done that, i had volunteer firefighters come pull me out when i got stuck taking a drive in colorado left colorado springs it was 70 degrees and got caught in a blizzard 60 miles away....worst part they asked what i did in the military...i was a tank recovery crewman....basicly a tank tow truck...they got a good laugh over that

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Sounds like my day yesterday. Took the scenic route back to the cabin after checking a bear bait. I buried my truck to the bumpers in water and mud. I couldn't get out with chains on all 4 wheels. No phone service and wolf tracks everywhere. I finally reached my wife after a 5 mile walk. Thankfully a buddy was nearby fishing so we went back last evening and yanked it out.

>Lol! Get any pictures?
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Was so mad never thought about pictures until you brought it up.
My camera was in the truck to.
My healer bit one of the guys to. Felt bad for a couple seconds.

A couple years ago a buddy and I were catfishing on the green river. About dark a group of kids pulled in about 200 yards up stream of us and was having a hell of a party. The water was pretty low and 1 kid got pretty brave with his dads lifted cummins. He made it about 10 ft into the river. Before they came to us to see if we could help they had 4 trucks stuck together!
I gave them a shovel and said have fun I will come help when you get the trucks unhooked and I will try to pull 1 at a time. I started feeling guilty and out of beer. I walked up and stole a few of their beers and helped dig them out. It was quite the ordeal. We finally got the truck out of the river at about noon the next day. We dug while a kid went to town to round up all the chains and tow ropes he could find so it would reach dry land to hook them to my truck. The kid in the river was screwed! His dad showed up about 8 and was sooo pissed off! Unstandably so I wouldve been too! There was about 6 inches of water running through the cab of the 05 bighorn edition cummins on 37s..... That was a night I will never forget!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I have not been that stuck in years. Usally if I can get it rocking I know I am going to get out.
I was on the frame so fast, I new right away I was toast.
I am very independant and hate needing to ask for help.
So I tried all my bag of trick's to no avail, got a nice cut the lenght of my finger from the come along. Had a nice group of cattle watching the whole time, as dumb as they are at that point I felt dumber than them (I swear they were laghing).
Hope everyone is having a great holiday, I am staying in today washing dirty clothes.

snuffy you tow them with a m88a1 or now a m88a2 hercules tracked vehicle i will try to find a pic of one if your rerally interested in it.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

I have never been stuck. Been in mud up to the middle of the doors a couple times and detained for a couple days but never stuck.

Rutnbuck

Been there, done that.

stuck.jpg

stuck2.jpg

The guy that changed my oil yesterday asked me how 50 pounds of dirt got into the oil filter cover.

I started a stuck pictures thread a while back and got some great pictures, not as many as I hoped. Look it up. It was in the general forum.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom