Not bad Covelo Black Tail

Elk_Nuts

G2.jpg

G1.jpg

-John Wayne

Thanks guys.
Hunted for 4 days out of a Rhino, I have 2 blown out knees. Didn't see much so on the 5th day took some motrin and hit the very steep brush. 5 or so hrs and 2 very sore knees later there he was. My hunting partner took him at about 80 yards.

-John Wayne

By all rights that buck should be a 4X4! Still a monster in my book!! Congrats to your Pard!

Where's that hunt at, X3b? :) Just kidding!

Joey

Most likely A Zone unless farther north of Covelo or east of there maybe in B3...the shooter should know for sure. Covelo is part of Mendocino County n/e of Ukiah.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I got a "Just kidding" bug here lately. This one was brought on by a guy, toward the end of the G-3 thread, asking what zone the hunt was in? Sounded like a funny question to me...then someone said "X3B"!.

I've spent some time hunting up in the mountains above Covelo. They can come pretty big from that country, no doubt about it!

Joey

>That's a great blacktail. I think
>I know almost exactly where
>he was taken.
>
>Eel

YES YOU DO........B Zone guys.

-John Wayne

>Nice buck, was that an 80
>yard shot with a bow?
>

Nope, 308

-John Wayne

>>Nice buck, was that an 80
>>yard shot with a bow?
>>
>
>
>Nope, 308

Atta boy elk_nuts...

I like when they fall over dead from lead poisioning.

That's how I let the air out of them besides that those damn big bucks are hard to sneak up on and get close enough to fling arrows at them... They always ran away when I tried it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom