Nosler vs. Barnes vs.Hornady tipped copper bullets Bullets

F

FIREHAWK

Since everything will eventually be copper/ Tungsten bullets. What is the most accurate tipped bullet with the best overall terminal performance/ price today?
1. Nosler E-tip $ 27.48 per 50
2. Hornady GMX $ 31.99 per 50
3. Barnes tipped tsx $ 36.49 per 50
4. Barnes MRX $ 28.99 per 20

You better add Berger to the list

my 190 30 cal are 44.00 per 100 and they do a hell of a job on elk and deer!

<Stu Padaso Pro Staff

<Dixie Nourmous Field Staff

>You better add Berger to the
>list
>
>my 190 30 cal are 44.00
>per 100 and they do
>a hell of a job
>on elk and deer!
>
>
>
......and they are NOT lead free

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Scirocco is also most accurate in my 300 RUM. As far as lead free goes for me so far Barnes TSX in both the 300 RUM and 300 WSM. The 300 WSM also shoots Nosler Accubond well but that is lead.

Oh I forgot to mention factory E Tip in both 150 and 165 are terrible out of my 300 WSM.

I can only speak for the E-Tip. I used it on 5 animals. Performance was great, with a 5-point bull going down "t.v. style". The bullets were handloaded to 3370 fps in my RUM. Accuracy is exceptional. mtmuley

The whole Family uses the Barnes bullet! The tipped TSX is nothing short of superb! I have used them on 3 continents with never a failure.

I have fired the 168 TTSX from my 300RUM in a tunnel and the group sizes cannot be printed here lest I be called a liar! LOL

Try the Barnes! You'll be glad you did.

Zeke

I went with the E-tip since nosler BT's are very accurate in my rifle and they're 9 bucks cheaper than my 2nd choice Barnes. Thanks for everyones input. I shoot Barnes-x w/o the poly tip and they shoot good also but wanted to try a poly tipped bullet in solid copper. E-tips are on clearance at Midway.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom