Northern Yellowstone Elk Herd Declines Again

mightyhunter

Very Active Member
http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_10be1784-4332-5b8a-adb9-485ea6b13607.html

This is an interesting read. Doug Smith,the beaver biologist for YNP and self appointed wolf expert for YNP shares his wisdom about another decline in the elk population. He cites a bad winter as part of the cause for a continuing decline in this elk population. This has been one of the mildest winters in years. It would sure be nice to find a federal employee without an agenda who would just tell the truth.

This is just another article that some will quote as being the truth. Doesn't matter what the information is some will believe it and some know better. Wolves have distroyed Yellowstone. No Moose, deer, elk and now the buffalo are starting to decline. Although the wolve numbers in the park have declined as of late because of mainge, they are still distroying Yellowstone as well as the surrounding states.

Mange is one of the surest signs of too high of a population density of any of the Canids.

I have driven the 191 from Bozeman to West Yellowstone three times this winter. Have yet to see an elk. Did see a wolf in January though. My question is what elk herd?

"80% decline since the wolf re-introduction"

Sounds like a series of tough winters and over-hunting! LMAO

He's another half-truth YNP guys!

Thanks for the article, Zeke

Smith isn't a hunter so he is just looking out for his paycheck, he could care less about the elk and deer.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom