NORTHERN LIGHTS/MIDNIGHT SUN???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
You seen em?

I've seen em!

Wish I could see em again!

Still Light at 1:00-2:00 A.M. seemed Weird!

Was Great for some Long Days on the River though!

If you can Tolerate the SKEETERS!:D

Guess they Close at a certain time in the evening?(Didn't know it at the time!:D)

Where I come from We Fish all Night Long!:D

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

The first time I ever saw the midnight sun, I was 18. A buddy and I drove to fairbanks, got jobs and lived in a tent all summer. It was crazy to be out fishing in the middle of the night and being able to see.

It seemed as though the daylight kept you energized and you only needed an hour or two of sleep(I'm sure it wouldn't be like that now at 41). I also loved watching the aurora borealis in the fall. Of course back then we were usually in an alternate state of mind and watching the Northern Lights was like going to a Pink Floyd laser show.

Yeah, been up there a few times myself.

Kenai in July is like NY City, it's going 24/7's

Hard to sleep with a pisscutter airplane flying over every 15 minutes!

It's fun fishing at 11:00 pm though.

Eel

seeing the Aurora Borealis lights in the winter is South Dakota was always a treat. They really lit up the nights sometimes.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Been there done that. Hoping to get back up on another fishing trip!!! Kind of wierd forcing yourself to go to sleep while it is still so light because you have a scheduled guided trip the next morning at 6:00.

Loved Alaska!!!!

I was in the Book Cliffs hunting deer 25+ years ago. Got up in the middle of the the night to "check on the horses" and saw the the entire northwestern sky glowing a pink/purplish color. One of the most amazing sites ever. Would love to see it again.

Stationed at a Navy base in ADAK for 6 months.

Pretty as it is, and unique as wearing sunglasses at midnight may be, it's loses it's allure after about 4 months.

Fishing on the Kenai for 8 days is WAY bearable however!

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Kenai Ain't what it used to be!

Sad but True!

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Haven't been to AK yet but saw the lights in Oregon once, that night they were seen as far south as NM..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom