North Slope LE

H

HuntMuch

Looking at the proclamation does this seem like a decent hunt ? I hunt muzz elk around hoop and see some OK bucks. Is this a unit that holds enough deer to think about ?

No, hardly any deer on unit and not worry of LE points maybe in five plus years. Had friend hunt it and was extremely disappointed on the general hunt on North Slope.

Haven't been in that area during the rut in 20 years. Family used to hunt a late season cow elk muzzy hunt that was smack dab in the middle of the deer rut. Used to see some great bucks then.

If you've got a few LE points and experience in the area, it would be a very fun hunt. Definitely beats the LE Bonus Point log jam.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

I think the big draw toward that won't be the deer.
Think back to when utah used to have a Buck bull combo tag.
This new hunt is basically that.

You get to hunt elk in an any bull area, and you get to hunt deer at the same time during the rifle elk hunt.

That is the only reason I can come up with, for why you would use limited entry points on this hunt.

You get to hunt deer with a rifle, during the rifle elk hunt.

But, archery and muzzleloader hunters have already been in the area hunting on "non limited entry" tags.

Its basically a buck bull combo tag. You just loose limited entry points to obtain it.
It gets a few points out of the system, helps with point creep, but is not a very good limited entry option.

Its not a rut hunt, its not on private land, like a CWMU. Its only allure is that you get to hunt both species at the same time, with the same weapon.

If you hunt muzzy elk, its not going to offer you much. Unless you know where a big boy is and want to get in on him before the general rifle.

Thats my assessment of it.

72logo.jpg

Thanks for the info Tracks. I've always been interested in the deer muzz but could never pull myself away from my normal area.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom