North Slope 3 Corners Moose

W

wildwest0801

Hey guys I drew this tag this year and was wondering what size of bulls people have taken off of this unit the last couple of years. My in-laws have a place in Manila so we have been out there alot and have seen some good ones but alot of them have been in Nov. Just wondering for those of you that have drawn, did you do better in Sept or Oct. I plan on hunting the whole hunt just curious.

Thanks in advance
WW0801

Wait until about 3-o-clock in the morning! You'll get a response from a guy named Pleasedear. Don't believe a word he says, cause anybody who is up and posting at 3am isn't too bright.

J/K Robb!

You get in contact with him, and you'll be in good shape.

I will be looking for that one, the next day lol. Thanks I hope I hear from him.

WW0801

Thanks for the PM Nochawk, while I am up there scouting for moose if I see any good bulls I will PM you. Thanks for the info.

WW0801

Welcome to M&M Clint.....yeh-I 'slept in' this morning!

I am sure you realize---you can hunt the West Daggett/Manila area on this same tag too...

Outta Manila you can no doubt get some pony's to pack the big boy out....so I would be up at Red Lake, via the TeePee lakes trailhead just to the south out of Browne Lake.....1st choice...

2nd choice area would be the Potter Lakes via trailhead 017 off of FS road 096 (Browne Lake rd)

3rd choice would be up Spirit Lake road and catching the Daggett Lake trail....easterly...

Any where along the pavement (rd 44) on the Greendale Bench before the Red Canyon turn off , you could have a dandy moose just walk across the road.......

On the other side of the 'Gorge' in the 3-C area.....Down off the Jesse Ewing visitors center along the Green River...OR along the Willow Creek--UP/north....the WCL&L Ranch does not block the access to the Willow Creek going UP and north along it.

Robb

Glad to see you got some extra shut eye. Thanks for the info. I know where you are talking. We muzzy hunt deer out there. I really appreciate the help, I will keep you posted on the outcome.

WW0801

Just thinking and remembered another decent area that holds some moose...

Leave out of the Deep Creek campground and hike up-west along the Carter Creek until ya hit the Browne lake dam........decent game trail....

or...

From Deep Creek campground hike down-east the Carter Creek to the pavement--rt 44....

I chased my bear tag in these two area's out of Deep Creek 3 years ago and saw more moose than bear....so I moved on to another area for my bear hunt.

Robb

Thanks Pleasedear for the info. I know exactly where you are talking so thats a plus. 2 years ago I was droppped off at the top of death valley and walked done to 44 and saw 2 different bears about half way down. We also saw a bear that year on the main road by hoop lake. I really appreciate the help. Thanks guys

WW0801

Forkie....

Spot and stalk and some calling..real exciting and fullfilling.

I used the 7mag.... not my bow....

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom