North Park Deer

Walleye

Hi all,
I'm going to be hunting deer 2nd season in North Park.
A few specific questions I have are...
1. Should I get up high and glass all day or move around and glass from different areas?
2. Should I expect the bucks to be checking does already next weekend? If they are I'll just locate the does and wait.
3. There are tons of acres of sage BLM there. Assuming it doesn't snow a whole lot does it make sense to hunt those areas or stick to where the timber/aspens feed out into the flats?
Thanks! I will post pictures and update you on how my hunt went. :)

The areas we hunt some years are packed with deer and some years you would swear there are no deer around. Additionally I have seen the deer move out over night and not return and not visa versa. We find most of ours in the aspen/sage mix.
I expect minimal rutting activity during the 2nd season.
Good luck - The hunters I know that hunted archery/1st rifle said they did not see many this year so far, I suspect this will be one of the off years for the areas I hunt. Bull elk are the primary focus anyway, but we always try and have a buck tag as we occasionally see a stud every few years.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom