nontypical250's Big Speed Goat

browtine

Super Moderator
nontypical250's Big Speed Goat

Nice Goat man!!!

nontypical250 writes, "Well I did it all by myself this year, no brother or cousin or uncle to join the hunt. This is the second goat I have got in two years of hunting a unit less popular than most so its my second choice area. It had been raining all night when I arrived, but the ground soaked up the water really fast. I hunted this particular waterhole last year with my cousin, who missed a HOG of a goat. I watched the water almost all day long and watched a couple nice bucks around the water but they never watered. Tjhat night it didn't rain. So I got ready for a long days sit. The cows came in starting at 7:00 A.M. and never left. Luckily this guy came in after five does did about 8:05 A.M. on Friday the 17th. He wasn't going to water he was just walking by. He wasn't stopping so I ranged him at 52 yards turned the video camera on. I got a break in between the black angus walking by my blind. The new bowtech Tribute launched the 400 grain beman tipped with 85 grain steel venom broadheads. The shot hit him in the spine, another one through the chest and this nice 74 inch Pope and Young Speedgoat was mine. What a fun hunt, especially to have done it all on my own."

46cdecf83a7eaaeb.jpg

46cded073ab0c1fd.jpg

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

RE: nontypical250's Big Speed Goat

Good lookin' goat and nice country. Congrats to you on your first trophy of the season. Scott

very well done, '250'...sounds like a fun, fun trip. congratulations...

Thanks, it was a blast. I got it on video too. Which will always be fun to go back and watch in years to come.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom