nonresident hunt chances?

C

cowboy4life02

Im heading to the salmon area next weekend and wondering if there are some good muleys around area 30 to try my hand at archery? Im not asking for secrets just hoping someone that knows the area will let me know what i am getting into. any help would be appreciated.

hunt that area every year.unit 28 and 30 have both been very good to me in general season.need to get off of the roads.we see a ton of people "road hunting" when we get dropped off then crest a ridge and see 4-6 nice bucks! will post pics when i figure out how :) good luck!we will be there from the 7th of oct. to ????

hey i sure appreciate the reply jensen. i cant wait to see the pics. i have never hunted out of tree stands being from nevada and all. can i spot and stalk in 29 and 30? or will i jus be wasting my time. and good luck to you too. thanks again.

You have to put your homework in to use a treestand, spot and stalk is doable, find an old logging road and get away from the road hunters as said...how hard you willing to work is gonna increase your chances of success

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-09 AT 10:27PM (MST)[p]SPOT AND STALK THE ONLY WAS TO GO!KEY FOR US IS GETTING AWAY FROM THE ROAD HUNTERS!!!!THEY BUZZ THOSE ROADS ALL DAMN DAY AND COMPLAIN THEY NOT SEEING ANYTHING.WE HOP A RIDGE OR 2 AND HAVE HAD DEER DOWN WITHIN A MATTER OF AN HOUR OR SO.BE SURE TO CHECK IN ON ACCESS YES PROPERTYWHEN REQUIRED.THEY NOT ONLY APPRECIATE IT GREATLY BUT HAVE ALLOWED US TO HUNT SOME PRIVATE LAND AS WE GET TO KNOW THEM.WE HAVE A SMALL RANCH AT THE END OF WILLIAMS CREEK RD.AND SEE TONS OF NICE BUCKS ON PRIVATE LAND.IT PAYS TO PLAY BY THE RULES FOR SURE! WE HUNT 28&30.KIRTLY CREEK,FREEMAN CREEK,HENRY,RATTLESNAKE,SOUTHFORK ETC. ETC. THEIR THERE,YOU JUST GOTTA GET EM!!GOOD LUCK!

JEFF

to be honest i dont have any experience with treestands and like huntnfever says it sounds like homework needs to be done and its kinda hard when im so far away. im goin to stick to what i know. i sure appreciate the help u both have given me. i will look into everything u both have told me and go from there and hopefully i can have some good stories to tell. good luck and thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom