non resident tag as second tag

D

dreaminbouthuntin

I've been looking over the regs on buying non resident tags to be used as a second tag. I have been trying to figure out if you do buy one at full price can you:

1) able to use tag on whitetail short range weapon seasons?

2) are there reduced price non resident tags?

3) is it for any general season deer hunts?

I figure if someone is going to drop 300.00 bucks on a extra deer tag, better be sure what they can hunt with it.

I looked in the Q&A section, but its a maze of questions.
If anyone has experience with the second tags, i would like to hear your experiences with it.

The answers are:

Yes: as long as it's a general hunt.
No: At least not that I'm aware of.
Maybe: Some areas in North Idaho require you to have a Whitetail tag which is a general hunt.

I almost always buy a res non-res Whitetail tag. Great way to extend your season a bit.

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

Use it on any general season if you want to hunt the whities with short range then you need to buy the whitetail tag. you pay the full non res price but do not have to buy the license again. It makes it nice because you can hunt 2 mulies of like i do 1 mulie and 1 whitie

Thanks for the information. My buddy is debating getting a general or a whitetail only. Wish fish and game didnt have this rule for secondary tags at non rez price.

I bought another one last year, might even do it again this year if lady luck is on my side!

The answers to your questions are

Yes
No
Yes

Whitetail herds are far from "struggling". The second res
non-res tag is a win/win for all concerned.

The idea that thousands of guys are forking over the 3+ bills to shoot a doe or forky is a myth by and large.

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

There is no problem buying a NR tag. It generates $$$ to help manage our wildlife. Some here are starting to sound like non hunters that just wish we would quit hunting. Then what??? Without hunters you no longer have a budget for wildlife. With NR tag numbers being down again this year, the F&G will need all they can get for the budget.

Maybe if our wildlife was managed some what better money wouldn't be a problem. Why reward marginal management. NRs seem to be sending a message with their pocket books, hell for that matter so are the residents by not buying NR tags, look up the numbers.

I've been hittin the elk pretty hard, some places I've been I have yet to see a deer, pretty pathetic!

The only reason I bought another one is because where I grew up and hunted my entire life we were able to get 5-10 deer tags a year. When I filled my first tag during the archery season in September last year, I knew I couldn't just not hunt the rest of the fall, so I bought another and shot another with the bow later on.

I love that you can buy another tag, costly, but at least the option is available to those who'd like it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom