Non lead ammo

woodturner

I am in need of purchasing some non-lead ammunition.
300 Win mag.
Any suggestions?
Using a stainless steel Remington 700.
I am thinking of a bullet weight of about 165 gr.
Thanks.

Not that this helps but I’m in the same boat for a .338RUM. I went with the Barnes 250gr VOR-TX LR. Hope to go see how they shoot in the next few weeks. This is overkill but it’s for a tule elk hunt later this year. My other rifle is a wildcat and I don’t want to spend the money for a new non lead load development.

Have been hand loading 168 gr Barnes TSX-BT and TTSX-BT for my .308 for years now and have been very happy with them.
Would work in the 300 Win. Mag also. Been wanting to load some for the 300 Win but just never got around to it.

If you have a Sportsman's Warehouse near you this is the first ammo I'd try.

Screenshot_20240617-182259_Chrome.jpg

I used to load my own ammunition. But, all my powder is old.
For the amount I am planning on shooting.....going with made ammunition.
Looks like a clear winner. I was going to try Barnes. I knew they made good bullets.
Thanks everyone for the opinions.

You may want to pick up a few different loads to try. I stuck with 180grn and tried 5 different loads, including ttsx. Federal trophy copper was the only one i could get decent groups with out of my 300wm xbolt. If you're in the greater sac area I have a few different factory non tox 180grn loads you can try.

DeerHunter.
Thank you for the offer. I will pick up a load or two and try them out.
I used to reload all my rifle ammunition. Have not done it in a lot of years. Kind of lost my place to shoot on a regular basis. Need to find a new spot.
thanks

Not that this helps but I’m in the same boat for a .338RUM. I went with the Barnes 250gr VOR-TX LR. Hope to go see how they shoot in the next few weeks. This is overkill but it’s for a tule elk hunt later this year. My other rifle is a wildcat and I don’t want to spend the money for a new non lead load development.
I just sighted in my rifle with this ammo and it shot really well. Surprised as it shot less than 1 MOA. Did notice a .5 MOA difference in drop from 1 of the 2 boxes I got. Shot the rounds out to 750 yards and we’re hitting right where they were aimed at.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom