Non Hunter Lingo?

slamdunk

So i'm sitiing in my office at the gym this morning and a member came in and started small talk. He hadn't been in there since last fall so he asked me......"How was your hunting trip, did you catch anything?"
This drives me crazy!!!
It's tough to even want to waste brain cells on people like this by putting thought into answering such a question.
Should i feel guilty that i am typing this as he is standing there rambling on and on about nothing?? Lol

Slammy, At least he is asking how things went even though its ?catching? something. It could be worse, he could go off like a typical PETA puke. I don't like it nor do I really know how to answer a question when asked if I ?caught? anything either. I usually get asked that question by girls. I try to look at it like it's better than having to try and explain my position on hunting and killing my quarry, and then answer yes or no to keep something they just dont understand to a short converesation. :)

GBA

>Slammy, At least he is asking
>how things went even though
>its ?catching? something. It could
>be worse, he could go
>off like a typical PETA
>puke. I don't like it
>nor do I really know
>how to answer a question
>when asked if I ?caught?
>anything either. I usually get
>asked that question by girls.
>I try to look at
>it like it's better than
>having to try and explain
>my position on hunting and
>killing my quarry, and then
>answer yes or no to
>keep something they just dont
>understand to a short converesation.
>:)
>
>GBA

Good point, it could have been worse.
He did mention he doesn't believe in hunting, but he left it at that.......as did i.

Maybe you misunderstood what he was referring to. I know when Dirty Hank and the boys go hunting, there is a very real possibility of catching something at the clubhouse.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I was asked that just the other day. I offered an acquaintence some antelope burger and their response was, "Did you catch it?" I said, "No, I don't catch them....I shoot them."

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Similiar to my wife asking a dumb but well intended question. We have lots of flowering trees on the property and she's asked me several times if the bees will bite her while she's gardening. I doubt you'd feel them bite but the other end is all business.

I know it's P.C. & all but I hate the term "Harvest" for the taking of game animals.
I killed them for Christ's sake, they bled and died.
The term "Harvest" is for corn and wheat not animals.

Just tell them......Yes... all my animals catch a lead bullet in the boiler room before they hit the ground...

I had a guy at Denver airport ask if I was heading somewhere to shoot deer mules? I was thinking NY, but was wrong he was from Indiana.

A few years ago in Alaska!

We were headed out of Homer with Captain Bob for Halibut!

An older Lady from New York (Mary!) was up there by Herself & decided to go Fishin with us!

As we left the Dock(Verly moving!)Mary was grabbing the side of the boat!

She tells Bob,I think I'm getting Sea Sick Bob!

She asks Bob:Would it be a good time to take 3 or 4 Dramamine she asks!(LMAO!)

Bob says:Sure!

Then she crawls up under the nose of the Boat for a big ole Nap!

An Hour & a Half Later Bob has us way out past the Chicken Patch!

We Fished for a few Hours & Mary was still up under the Nose of the Boat!

Bob was gettin nervous,He likes all his clients to catch some Fish!

I had just pulled a 50 lb Halibut in & I was gonna release it!

Bob comes back & Whispers in my ear:You care if we let Mary catch that same Fish?

Nope,lets GIT-R-DONE!

I SShhitt you not I let 3-4 Yards of line out & set the pole in the holder!

Bob hollers at Mary:You've got a Fish on Mary,Fish on!

She waltz's back,leaves the Pole in the Holder,cranks the Rod handle 4 or 5 times & the Fish is at the Boat!

And then she says:Is that how it's done Bob?(In that New York Accent!)

Bob turns his head back to me(with a funny f'n Grin!) & says:"Sometimes,That is How it's Done"!

I damn near lost it!

Then Bob slammed one of our Keepers in to his big Cooler & we could all tell She didn't like it!

To Mary,Well Halibut comes from the grocery Store in New York or so she thought!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

> Well
>Slammy did you catch one?
>
>
>Rutnbuck

Well yes I did, pic is in the elk forum.....its just a little 413" pisscutter ;-)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom