Noah N

Noah

Hi. This is my first time on this thread. A friend of mines 13 year old daughter has drawn a unit 55 3rd season deer tag was looking for some info about this unit.

55 has lots of public. I would start there. 3rd will probably get you in weather, so that high country will be scary if you aren't prepared.

Hi. This is my first time on this thread. A friend of mines 13 year old daughter has drawn a unit 55 3rd season deer tag was looking for some info about this unit.
Hey Noah, 1st , start with renaming your thread to something like "Unit 55 info needed" but before you do that try the search bar for unit 55 and see if any info pops up.
If all that fails stick around with us here and help where you can. What he means by " tough crowd" is most all of us have been burned by helping others with areas that have taken us years to find and before you know it, they have told their friend and their friends and on opening day it is a pumpkin patch. Most of us here want to know that you are not just a one hit wonder here and can be trusted

You should ask about animal habits, types of habitat and feed, weather patterns, road conditions, etc. for a specific unit. You will not endear yourself to anybody, on any forum when asking for specific unit/hunt info. Everybody that can contribute useful info has earned that knowledge the hard way and it's not something that is handed out like candy. Good luck on the research and the subsequent hunt. I have no info to offer other than the weather can turn bad real quick in that country. Be prepared! I've hunted every season multiple times in that part of CO. As many guys on here can confirm, it can be 60°F or -5°F during 3rd season. It'll likely be somewhere in the middle though.

Hunt the sage and aspens by the does. There should be bucks interested in them in 3rd season.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom