No wolves in utah??

T

trumanburbank

these were taking just west of smith and edwards on 4000n,pretty close to home!
1923fenceclose.jpg

9083closer.jpg

8039evencloser.jpg

6838401k005.jpg

This is to close to home

That is the biggest coyote i have ever seen. Since there are no wolves in utah, they must be coyotes and since coyotes are not part og the ESA, you have the duty as an american citizen to blow them all to h*ll

I wouldn't worry too much. I doubt he can run the salt lake gauntlet without gettin ran over or off the road or flipped off

That's a big bad ass wolf. Can't believe they got a pic like that mid day downtown so to speak. SSS

Just wait until he tries crossing I-15 again.....the old saying "I swerve for wildlife" may just take on a whole new meaning...

I live in that area. The mountains in the background are not the ones in the area mentioned by the original post. Not saying there aren't wolves in utah, just say'n pics don't match address

I have my doubts , but if its real I don't see that wolf having a very long life span in that country .

If it happens to be crossing the road again , put the camera down and hit the gas pedal . Any wolf on the road is fair game .

Nice try. First of all look at the country in background. There's a hell of a lot more houses west of Smith and Eddys and the Mtns aren't that close and not that big as these in the pics. I got this series of pics too in an e-mail a month ago that said it was from Malad area of Idaho.

Plus, where's Willard Bay and the Great Salt Lake Marshes in the pics? Hummm, something fishy.

You Guys are destroying a good Wolf story!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-11 AT 07:59PM (MST)[p]It was destroyed from the start. It might as well have said the pics were in downtown SLC.:p

Actually the mountains near Willard are a lot bigger then the ones in the photo. It could be Malad. I think I could drive right to that spot.

I know that there are wolf just north of the border near Almo Id. I hunted unit 55 and one ran within 100 yards of me. (No I couldn't get him in my sights)

I don't doubt there aren't any wolves in Utah...never seen any out runnin around. Although, there is evidence of a black wolf being shot in Malad, ID, and if you know your geography there is a Pleasanview, ID, which is just west of Malad. Was this the same wolf that has already been shot? Are there more wolves in the area?...although I would say yes. So the map above with the circled area...sorry bud...no wolf pictures taken from that location.

Agreed- the wolf photographed is definitely not in the location stated... I agree it looks like Malad also- have family that lives there...

However- only this last week I was speaking to a soon to be family member (Fiance of my brother)... Anyway, she told me that on Tues, Feb. 22 she was driving over the North Ogden divide from North Ogden to Liberty and Eden and Huntsville (slightly east in the map area pictured), and she and her friend almost hit a wolf. I really didn't think she knew what she was talking about since she is not exactly into the outdoors- but she said the DWR is well aware of a pack of 7 wolves that have moved into the area up there. Her brother was one of the first to report them last summer or the summer before (she didn't remember which) while hiking up in the Ogden/Weber Valley. He contacted the DWR when he knew it was a pack of wolves- they told him they had already been moitoring them...

But wait- there are no wolves in Utah...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Bout 5 years ago on the South Slope I shot at female and a couple pup wolves...I couldn't get off the wheeler and draw my pistol fast enough to get a good shot! They were all jet black!

Traditional >>>------->

Here's the photo of the Malad/Samaria wolf I got from a friend in Idaho. Looks like the same wolf in the same area.
I'm not sure what the girl is doing but I like it.
Squattinggirlwolf.jpg

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

Yeah, I hear they are excavating dragon remains on top of the north ogden divide too! A co worker said his neighbor has a dragon tooth in his garage that came from the area. It is about 2 feet long, says the dragon has a skull about 100 feet long. Maybe the wolves are living in the dragons skull??? Time to call national geographic.

Ah come on, I guess I will hold off on my bigfoot story, with pictures by the way!

Yup...those are the Oxfords in the background, haha the chicks from Malad are definately different! We have had a few stray down Tremonton way lol

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom