No more doves or quail from Mexico

CAelknuts

CBP Advises Hunters of New Requirements for Game Fowl as Hunting Season Approaches

(Thursday, August 09, 2012)
San Diego – U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials are advising hunters who may travel to Mexico for dove or quail hunting of new requirements for their game fowl prior to their return to the United States at a port of entry.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Office of Veterinary Services has implemented this new requirement in response to the recent confirmation of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza at commercial poultry production facilities in Mexico. The purpose of these new requirements is to prevent further spread of this virus and to protect U.S. poultry.
Fresh, uncooked, hunter-harvested game bird carcasses brought from Mexico for human consumption are prohibited. If the carcass for human consumption has a fully-cooked appearance, as determined by CBP, it may be allowed. These carcasses are different from hunter-harvested carcasses that are brought as trophies from Mexico.
Hunters wishing to import trophy game fowl taken during a hunting trip in Mexico must have an approved import permit for the birds from USDA's Office of Veterinary Services. A bulletin advising of the import permit requirement for avian trophies from Mexico can be found at the following link. ( ALERT: USDA Restrictions on Avian Products Imports from Mexico )
Hunters should declare all game fowl to CBP upon their arrival at a U.S. port of entry and present the USDA Veterinary Services import permit. They are also subject to verification of the import documentation by a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officer.
For information on Fish and Wildlife Service requirements for bringing game birds from Mexico, please click on the attached link. ( U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service )
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control, and protection of our Nation's borders at and between the official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.

Brilliant. Now we have to set up a bird fence to keep out those diseased illegal immigrant doves that cross back and forth like they own the place.

I'm not sure what to believe when it comes to the Feds. They have effectively been telling Americans, who hunt out of country, what they can and can't hunt and what they can and can't import for a long time and NONE to little of it is science based. I've seen them suspend import permits because the other country didn't do a game count in just the manner that the Feds want. Go figure.
I'm not a big conspiracy theory dude either. Just check it out for yourself. The USF&WS has more anti-hunters in it's ranks than PETA (maybe that's an unfair statement).
If you hunt out of the country you'll appreciate some of the hoops which keep us safe and protects truly endangered animals around the world BUT they have gone too far with all the regulation, confiscation power, detaining shipments and failure to issue he appropriate import permits when backed by science. They have all the power and you and the other countries have none! Remember, there are lots of animals that you can legally hunt without disrupting the viable populations, based on science, yet you cannot get them back into the US.
If you never plan to hunt out of country then the issue is moot but if you have aspirations to do so you'd better know the crap you'll get. You need to know what a long reach the USF&WS has.
If you think you still have all your freedoms as a US citizen you'd better start thinking again.

As usual, just my 2 cents worth of ranting and probably has little to do with the original topic.
Zeke

It's still ok to import a Mexican.........gardener.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

Sounds to me some FWS Dip-Wad is just trying to justify his job along with a lot of other idiotic garbage they come up with..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom