No Go again. Scraps for us

H

HyoWyo

Hello MM'ers

It looks to be that time again when we become ravenous dogs looking for tag scraps.. haha

While I am no newbie to MM, I did however forget my log in.. dont judge im getting old, so I made a new one.

Even with 4 PP, unit 90 for antelope still invades me. I have been on a 5 year dry streak, even putting in units that are 80% draws.

Last year my crew made the trek over to the Kaycee area and I cant say id do that again. Long, long drive and few pronghorn.

I would like to inquire about 65-7 to some of you that are familiar with that hunt. Looks to be north of the Popo Agie river in Unit 65.

I've been reading over maps and my GPS with land access info, but boots on the ground would have a better idea of access and antelope numbers.

I am slightly concerned about its closeness to the Wind River Rez. Not sure about crime and such.

Access and game numbers are the number one concern of course. There looks to be a good stretch of public there, but access to it is hard to tell. I cant see if it is accessible or land locked.

We are looking at the doe/fawn tags only. meat.. yummy!

Have any of you ever hunted that and what was your experience. I am taking my kids so I would like to stay as safe as I can and in a good area fairly close to home.

I like the Kaycee area, but man, that is one hell of a drive for us and with our horses, having someone take care of all of them for a week is a pain. Plus the kids missing school.

Any info that could help us would be greatly appreciated. If I can offer help for the Kaycee area, let me know. We spent a week over there last year.

very well understand that. Like I said, i had to hunt over in Kaycee last fall for Antelope for a reason. Didnt draw and its all that was leftover.

I would go there again, but the distance hurt and I really want to take my kids with me this year. I cant take them out of school for over a week to make the trip worth my while.

Just trying to take them hunting, enjoy the time, but want to make sure we arent going into a bad area. I don't know that country over by Lander.

Yes there is some crime. But no more than you would find with any area around Wyoming. Most of the crime is contained within the Rez and Riverton. I live less than a mile from the Rez boundry and don't even lock my doors, unless I leave town for a few days. There is always a bad element where ever you go, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

py

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom