No deer, no problem!!

JR

Haven't had time due to work(fire season) to get out and chase any deer this year. End of the season is fast approaching so I took some time off hoping to catch a break with the cooler weather to fill a tag. Had an opportunity to hit a ranch I predator hunt to see if any legal buck was hanging around but none were spotted, so out came the fox pro. First couple stands were blank so you just move on and keep after it...3rd stand was in the oaks, not a lot of cover but the wind was right. After maybe 3 minutes of lighting Jack I had a coyote to my left at 60 yards and a bobcat straight away at 50 yards both locked on the call. Shot the coyote with the 223 first and swung on the cat hoping he was still there. To my surprise he was still there and moving to the call unfazed by the shot. One well placed shot put him down....Bam, my first mixed bag double??
Last call for the day I smoked a beautiful gray fox 2 min into a set..Good day to be in the woods even though no deer tag was punched I did get to punch a Bobcat tag??
65911img20171018171856677.jpg

77005img20171018171856676.jpg

NICE..............THATS A GOOD DAY RIGHT THERE!!!! WHEN I AM HOG HUNTIN AND COME TO A GOOD SPOT I LIKE TO BREAK OUT THE YOTE CALL. CALL FOR A FEW MINUTES..........AND IT GETS EXCITING !!!!!................YD.

Yukon, you and I would get along great on a hunt together, always flexible and adapt to the conditions that are presented.. love it... hahaha.. when im outdoors im lookin for opportunities to make it a successful day..??

YUP JR......I THINK YOUR RIGHT !!! I WENT DEER HUNTIN YESTERDAY UP IN HIGH COUNTRY, (D7) THE DEER WERE NOT HAVING NONE OF IT. SO ....I BROUGHT HOME A NICE LOAD OF SPLIT TAMARACK FOR THE INSERT. HAD A GREAT DAY !!!

SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIGHT BE IN THE FIRE SERVICE, SO WAS I FOR 30 YEARS....RETIRED NOW. I GET OUT TO HUNT 10 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR.....MAY BE A BIT TOO MUCH SAYS THE WIFE. I HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO HUNT MY WHOLE LIFE & LOVE IT.

JR ....ENJOY SEEING YOUR PICS, TAKE ER EASY.........YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom