NM Pronghorn Pic

W

wb

LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-07 AT 10:32AM (MST)[p]These are a few photos I paused and saved from some digital video that I took this last summer, a distant thunderstorm just happend to be in the background. The video was taken on our ranch here is southwest NM. This buck was killed about 40 day later in early Oct. he gossed just over 85 points. Hopefully we will have some more good rain this summer!
wb
wbguideservice.com

466d756d1beeabc6.jpg

466d759b1c7dbf01.jpg

466d766a1f20d6bb.jpg

466d788224820934.jpg

The hunter looks like Lee Frueden. Great buck!!! Have been trying to get one that pitches foward like that, very rare. Congrats!!

Cabuck

Yep the hunter is Lee! He is a good freind. I too like those bucks that lean forward. Here is another one we looked at a little last year but did not kill, not as big as the first buck but neat looking anyway. Maybe he will be a little bigger this year?

nmtaxi, sorry don't remember the exact length on the prongs?

466d972d0cbcbcbe.jpg

466d976e0d45cee3.jpg

WB-any chance you could give us some ball park numbers like mass and length? I think he's got to be 16+ but another antelope nut friend of mine thinks he's only 15. Way awesome buck and great pictures....congratulations to the hunter and guide. Jim

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-07 AT 10:04PM (MST)[p]Thanks Guys..

JFWRC, nice buck and picture. I love these NM antelope becuase they have so much character. The 1st buck above was just over 16 when we messured him in the field, not sure what B&C ended up messuring him at.

Below is a flat horn buck I took in 2004. He only scored 76 5/8 He was a litle short at just over 14 inches tall, and lacked a little mass to make b&C. But he was neat looking to me.
4674b1a7168324f8.jpg

4674acb00699760b.jpg

4674ad5c08dc0d35.jpg

WB-Those prongs are amazing. Do you have that gene in alot of antelope down there? I'm glad you mentioned the lenght of this buck. I was thinking the buck I took the photo of was going to hit 16 and maybe do a low 80's by September. I'm not so sure now.

WB, is that a broadhead hole I see? Looks like a four blader. If so, nice job! These goats look like they're from around here as we have quite a few with that "spread" characteristic. Too bad you don't get a spread credit with speeders.

Hey Guys,

Those are some great goat photos. The last photo is proof score is not everything. I really like big antelope!

The "long prongs" are not real common here I guess, but it seams like we have a couple running around evey year.

Yes that is a broadhead hole, but not a four blader, just regular fixed triple blade.

I Love big antelope and have to say I'd rather kill a great buck with all that character and have 76 inch buck than shoot a buck with more mass and score 80. Sounds crazy I know , but I too agree , scores not everything. Great bucks guys , thanks for sharing em....

WOW!!!!! I have not thought alot about goats this year until now. Thats got me fired up. I have seen one mid 80's out here in Hudspeth. Time to start looking for a tag. Great pictures. Adios,
Kevin

the goat your hunter took and your personal goat are a couple of awesome goats.. they just have that unique shape that makes a one in a million goat.. congrats on both of them..

Kev, lets go find a couple like those two!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom