NM M.I. Antelope photos

H

hunterman67

well here he is. I had a wonderfull hunt, went two days early to scout and saw antelope freaking EVERYWHERE !!!!! it looked like someone laid that old '70s green shag carpet everywhere for 100 miles in every direction in northern new mexico. it was green !!!!! saw (and missed) several HUGE antelope, got almost all on videotape- lucky me. saw a massive herd of elk with three velvet branch antlered bulls, 4 big spikes, and over 74 cows and calves, saw some buffalo, saw 4 MULE DEER pregnant does- very pregnant !!!!!, saw a flock of wild turkeys right off the highway by about 15 yards- one tom 14 hens, all on tape- pretty freaking cool !!!!! when it is green and alot of water the animals are everywhere !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.
44e39c2f4c56926b.jpg

44e39c5d4cb8510d.jpg

44e39c794f7bd715.jpg

44e39c934fbe1eff.jpg

basically the entire northeastern corner of the state. I had 13 different units to choose from but I had two days to scout before the opener and stayed within three units the whole time. now that I know what I know there is only one unit I would stay in now. #46- there are alot of antelope- ALOT of antelope and the most public ground I can hunt without having to deal with dickhead rancers ! we stayed in las vegas new mexico the first night, then moved to springer new mexico the second night and just stayed there. stopped and saw a trout hatchery in santa rosa- WOW !!!!! that was a neat thing to do, they had little gumball type machines that were full of fish food, put in a quarter and get a handful of food to feed the trout with- very cool !!!!! some rather large trout in those tanks ! anyway vinnihunt gave us some info and we went there and for the most part just stayed there, since there were herds of bucks from 6 to 27, and herds of does/fawns with 200 plus animals in them all over the place I figured we would be ok.
M WAITE, AZ.

I knew it was you !!!!! it is you is'nt it ? from the nm site ?
cool.
M WAITE, AZ.

Congrats on a beautiful buck! Glad to hear you had a fun hunt. I drove threw there 4th of July and it was dry in a bad way, coming home from Denver the monsoon rains had started so I fugured it would be pretty green...Great area for the speedsters, lots of em...My next door nieghbor killed a beautiful 79 3/4 buck Saturday afternoon at 57 yards with his bow , couldn't believe the mass the buck had, the antelope really packed on the grass. Yours looks pretty good too, again congrats...

Very nice antelope indeed! Congratulations! It looks like a well watered golf course. LOL! Seeing lots of game sure makes for an exciting hunt! Thanks for sharing!

Steve

Congrats on a nice Buck! I drove down hwy 56 about two weeks ago and it was soooo green. It seemed like there was a buck about every mile and a half laying down about 200 yards off the road. ALOT of goats. Anyway, congrats. Wish I could draw a loper tag.

THATS A NICE BUCK!!!

ESPECIALLY FOR AN ONERY GUY THATS STILL MAD AT ME!!!

HOW LONG YOU BEEN WATERING THE GRASS???

OR IS IT A GOLF COURSE???

CAN YOU POST THAT PICTURE OF THE ANTELOPE YOU TOOK A YEAR OR SO AGO???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING THATS TOO GREEN FOR GOATS!!!

44e64bed733e05cf.jpg

44e64c0f73515d47.jpg

44e64c32737e5c13.jpg

1st two pics are new mexico unit 40 2003
last photo is wyoming in 2002
the atv photo is just for you !

M WAITE, AZ.

THANKS!!!

ARE YOU MOUNTING THE 2006 BUCK???

I THINK YOU BETTER PUT HIM ON THE WALL!!!

YA SEE I'M A GOAT FREAK!!!

I LIKE GOATS THAT ARE UNIQUE!!!

YOUR 06 GOAT HAS A UNIQUE LOOK TO HIM!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING IF I DON'T EVER DRAW THE L.E. ELK PERMIT I MAY NEVER HUNT UTAH GOATS AGAIN EITHER!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom