NM Full up Front Fee Odds

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
I remember there was speculation as to what the full fee up front would do to NM draw odds. Noticed they posted. Looks like it dropped about 1/3 of the nonresidents out, no effect on residents. Looks like a roughly even split of about 2500 nonresidents and residents now, roughly 5000 total applicants. I think there were like 4000 nonresidents last year, for 6500 or so total. Last year's numbers are from my somewhat unreliable memory:) A bit better, but still poor odds.....Not sure if it would be worth putting on credit now that the credit reforms and higher interest rates are in effect:)

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I see a much greater drop.

Residents:
2008 - 4,129
2009 - 2,488
Decrease: 40%

Non-residents:
2008 - 5,609
2009 - 2,376
Decrease: 58%

What am I doing wrong?

If you actually saved the sheet from last year and sre looking at it, it should be more reliable than my memory:) Thought I qualified that.....

with the higher application fees for NR this year, more will be dropping I'm sure, $27 per species with bad draw odds and no points is going to be passed on by a lot of guys this year, probably myself included.

>I'm curious to see how the
>sheep applicants dropped with something
>like $3000 up front.
>
>JR

I thought that was what the numbers above were, since it was not up front for deer and elk.

Doubt this year's application fee increase has any effect. Desert sheep has real long odds, the rocky in the 1:500-700 range. Really not a lot worse than most other states. The nonrefundable fee is still relatively low, even with the interest if you have to borrow it's cheaper than average to apply.

I really like the no points deal....You can just chose to do it when you can. And you can't really expect to draw ever....Points really are only fair (like a wait for your turn deal) for stuff that rolls over in a relatively short period compared to a person's life.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom