NM Antelope success.........

B

Bura Nut

I was in Roy NM this past weekend and our group had two hunters who both shot great bucks......the biggest was 83" and the other was 78....as most know here, I am a computer re-tard so I dont know how to down load the pictures from the camera to the computer and post. I will try and see if my wife or someone can do the computer stuff and get the pictures up if anybody wants to see them. Did anyone else go out?....... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Allen-I was at Roy also with 3 hunters. All shot decent bucks however, one was going to be in the 82 range. Were you north or south of Roy. We were south and had a hard time finding decent bucks. I heard north was where to be this year. Jim

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-04 AT 11:05PM (MST)[p]Allen,
I was up in Roy this weekend with Jim and two other hunters. All three of us were successful. Jim was very honest and knowleagable about hunting New Mexico and he was concerned about everything down to the last detail. He made my hunting trip a pleasureable one. I do recommend Jim Wells to anyone looking to hunt New Mexico. Here are a few pictures of the buck I took this weekend. (Allen tell me that wasn't you in the Suburban with all of the John Carey stickers!LMAO)

AZBoy (is the cutter on his nose a deduction)
RoyNM001.jpg
RoyNM005.jpg
RoyNM003.jpg

We were north of roy by a bit. I have pictures now and will email them to anyone who knows how to post.....no we werent in suburban we had two white ford trucks and one chevy grey truck. We had wall tents set up by an abandoned ranch house close to the dagger ranch......... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Hey Allen I hope you weren't with Cody,Jason,Chad,Boyd and Brandon, I feel sorry for you if you were!!! J/K I was with those boys on Th night but had my own hunters in Springer. I would have liked to see that big buck that they were talking about. We ended up decent with 77 3/8, 76 smokepole buck, and a 14 1/2 Proud Grampa and Grandson buck, good hunt until my pickup broke down on the last retrieval Were you the cameraman??
Jared

Jared, that big buck is really really big......we drooled over him all day saturday but he wouldnt move.....Cody is an absolute wildman driving.........LOL.....he picked us up in Albquerqe and I dont think he drove slower than 90 all the way.......I think I spooked jason with some ideas me, Cody and Boyd discussed....LOL......anyway I forwarded the pictures to Kilowatt and hopefully he will post soon........ Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Nice goat AZboy....is that a broken cutter on his nose?? Call that thing a rinolope.

Bura, is that you on the left on the bottom picture. Whoever that guy is we could be twins. That is freaky, my ex wife and mom looked at that picture and thought that was too wierd. Whats up with that ? By the way, good looking guy, haha. :)

Yeah, Cody told me what kind of time y'all made, has to be some kind of record!!! Scary thing is his brother drives faster!!! Cody ended up killing a buck around the 82" mark on his draw tag. Darn fine bunch of guys- wish I coulda been there!!!
Jared

Bruin: Yes thats me on the left bottom picture......Your wife is a lucky lady......LOL......Jared, Cody shot a beauty, 84".....sounds like we will be back with a bang next year, Duwane Adams and Jason have hooked up and are booked on most of their ranches for goats next year.......Between Duwane and Jason, they have a great bunch of ranches that have not been shot out and a great camp set up. They have some ranches further south that are very affordable and they have some more expensive like that Roy ranch........I cant wait for my hunt next year.....Hopefully "Digger" is still alive......LOL....... Allen Taylor......

Bura you are kinda funny lookin but other than that your alright. Those are some nice goats.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom