Nikons no fault policy?

F

fixedblade

I bought some Nikon monarchs 3 years ago, and let me tell you I'm not a Fan. I went out tonight and all be damned if one of the internal lenses fell out. So all night I was looking through one eye carefull to keep the rattleing down from the loose lens. Last winter Both eye caps cracked, and the rubber casing is now also starting to crack. This binocs are the biggest piles of junk I've ever owned. Also I've haven't treated these any harder than my leuopolds, and they havent had any problems. My question is how is there no fault policy, has anyone delt with them before? The salesmen told be when I bought them I could run them over with my truck and they would replace them for free. Just wondering if this was really the case?
P.S. If they do replace them they are for sale the day I get them back. Pm. if interested

"The night is a very dark time for me." Chazz Michael Michaels

Haven't had to use it, but Nikon's return policy is supposed to be darn good. Thats to bad about the glasses, I have had the same ones for 3 years and I have used them pretty hard and haven't had the slightest problem. I love em. Sounds like you got a lemon pair.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Nikons warrany is great. They will repair or replace them for $10 plus shipping.
Nikon Inc.
19601 Hamilton Ave
Torrance, CA 90502-1309
Attn: Nikon Service Dept.

I used a pair of the monarchs for two years. The eyecup barrel cracked and they sent me a new pair free, no questions asked, which I've used for about a year. My experience is that they are really the opposite of piles of junk and the best in that price range in my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I had a pair of 8 X 42 that got stepped on and broken in half. Nikon sent me a new pair no questions asked, all I payed was s&h. I would give them a shot.

just my 2 cents..

Mtngoat

I bought my ol man has a pair of new ATB's that got out of alignment. Cost him $50, plus shipping, and they accused him of causing the problem...

Fug Nikon. I'll never buy any of their crap again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom