Nikon spotters and rangefinders

nmwapiti

I have an opportunity to pro deal Nikon products through my employer; However, my employer does not carry Nikon spotters or rangefinders in their regular inventory so I can not check them out prior to buying. I would like a rangefinder, probably the prostaff 550 and a spotting scope, probably the 80mm, 20x60. Any comments, good or bad?

Yea, I was desperate this past hunting season so I bought a Nikon 550 from Sportsman's warehouse. Had I not needed it so fast I would of bought it from Cabela's, then I could of sent it back. The Nikon 440 I'd had for years never failed me, lost it. The 550 can range elk out to about 200 yards consistently and that's it. It can range a house to 550 yards most of the time. Maybe I got a bad one, don't know?

I have the Nikon ED spotting scope, so far so good. I can't complain about the scope. I compared it side by side with the Swarovski (not the HD) and I could not see any difference. Honestly, I really like my Nikon. Just for the record I had the money for either scope (again not the Swarovski HD) and I went with the Nikon.

This is my opinion and experience. I will say this, Swarovski and Leica are the best in the world. I own the 10x42 binos (Swaro) and I wouldn't trade them for anything. BUT other companies are making good glass today also.

Good luck,

Slide

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom