Nikon rangefinder?

stinky

I presently have a Bushnell "Yardage Pro" range finder. It is supposed to hit 200 yards on a deer...which it does and 450 in a tree, and 800 on a reflective object. Well the dern thing will only do 500 on a rock wall, or something like it. It has to be a real good object to read over 300. IN fact, if it reads over 300, I'm usually surprised.

So, I'm going to sell the beast at the Pawn shop and pick up something better. His next model up is a Nikon 550 and 660. He also carries Leica.

There was a guy in there that was braggin on Nikons. He says that it will read exactly what they say, if not better. He was saying that they were getting readings off of roof vents, on houses and that it was the best ones that he looked at, at a dif shop. Anybody know if there is any truth to that? If I could get a consistent 400 yard reading on deer I'd be happy.

I've got a Nikon 440 and just bought a Nikon 550. The 440 seems to actually be better at getting a reading every time. I've not had the 550 long enough to say how often I can get a reading, but I've already have had problems getting a distance at over 400 yds consistently.

I have got the laser 800 from Nikon and it has been an excellent product. Accurate readings all the way out.

I have the Nikon 800 and got tired of my buddys Leica reading when mine wouldn't. So I just upgraded to the Leica 1200.

I too have the Nikon 800. It's OK. big things like rocks and trees usually read out to 600, maybe up to 800 or more yds but a deer might only read out to 400 or so. Nothing about it is concrete, least the one i have, sometimes it will readout for you, then the next time, nothing until you pick something big near the target. If i were into really long range shooting, 500yds is about my limit, i'd go with the Leica and be done with it.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom