Nikon rangefinder problems

F

Flatlandr

Going thru my gear today and found out the rangefinder won't give a range. It isn't the most expensive one out there, a laser 600. The display appears as normal just won't give a reading. Anyone had Nikon issues like this?
How about repairs, contact Nikon or trash it?

My Muley hunt is next week so I have a sneaking suspicion I will be buying another one unfortunately.

My Nikon range finder quit while in use. Called Nikon people in S. California and they had me send it down. They e-mailed back saying it would cost $12 less than a new one to repair. Having explained to them I've owned nikon cameras, lenses, and binos in the past I thought they might offer to fix the problem at a more reasonable price, but no---- not the case. Went and bought a different brand after sending nasty letter and explained to them I would be sending this info out to others on the net. Good luck!

I got a email back from Nikon giving how-to info for repair estimate, I will probably send it back just to see what comes of it but I suspect I too will get some near retail cost to repair. Sunday I went to the getting place and checked out several rangefinders. I really didn't have funds for a new rangefinder in the budget but I ended up with a Leupold RX1. No way am I going out Muley hunting in open country without one. Hopefully it will do a good job for me.

I'm in the market for one and I've heard a lot of issues with Nikons I'll be going with a Leupold

nikon range finders are junk! had one that would give you different ranges every time you hit the button. got ranges of 15-100+ on a bull standing less than 50.

I wouldn't touch a Leupy rangefinder, period. The two I've personally messed with on antelope hunts were garbage, in fact one of the hutner's Brunton rangefinder performed much better. The Leupy's are much too complicated also IMO.

RE: Nikon rangefinder problems NIkon service SUCKS

I had a new pair Nikon Binos years ago and the focus knob was screwed up. I called the nikon number and the same thing they wanted something like $60 bucks to fix them and they are only 2-3 months old. Ever since then I've never, did i say never bought another Nikon product..Even when I worked at cabelas on the gun counter I never pushed Nikon and anytime someone ased about the Nikon scopes I'd end up telling them my story and selling them a LEUPOLD. All my scopes, bino and spotter are leupold.. Leupold even gave me a new scope once when i fell on the ice while on a high country deer hunt and broke the front bell right off my 2-7 variable scope.. they didn't charge me a dime. just send a note that said they appreciate me being a Leupold customer..

But.......... I've also heard Leupold Rangefinders have some issues, so I'm looking at Bushnell, not Nikon.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom