Nikon Prostaff 550

mevertsen

Very Active Member
Hello,

I am in the process of picking out a rangefinder for this upcoming deer season, which starts on Sept. 10th. I am limited in my budget, so I am not going to be able to spend much beyond $200. I have looked online and found a few rangefinders.

The Cabelas CLR 800 and Bushnell 450 are in that price range. After reading the reviews, and looking over the instruction manuals, I am not so sure that is what I want. There seems to be problems with both of them of picking up objects quickly with both units. I understand each of them has its max range limits, and ignored the reviews that complained about that, but I was still not impressed with the more detailed reviews on either.

I have not seen any detailed reviews on the Nikon Prostaff 550. By looking at the specs, it should work fine for what I do. I hunt muzzleloader and archery, so longer that 550 is simply not needed. In any case, even with a rifle, I will not shoot past 300.

Has anybody had any experiences with this rangefinder to a max of 300 yards on deer? What about other objects in the woods.

My max distance I will allow for my muzzle loader is 150 yards, and I will be hunting high country above 7000 feet up to 11,000 in anything from wide open alpine slopes and rockslides to mohagany, aspen, and sagebrush.

Thanks for the info

Later,

Marcial

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom