Nikon or Leupold

P

PacificNWhunter

Well I have narrowed my search down for a new pair of binoculars to either the Nikon Monarch ATB 10x42's or the Leupold Cascade 10x42's. I have don't have a ton of experience with either brand and was hoping for some insight from fellow hunters. From trying them out at the store they both seem to be a good optic for the price and are close in size, weight and clarity. Anyhow let me know what you think....

Jordan B

They are both good binos. I just personally liked the sharpness of the Nikons. They have been great, no regrets what so ever..

Acorn

I was considering the same two binos and ended up buying the Nikons but in the 12 power. I think both would have worked well. A couple reasons I went with the Nikons were that they had a top review when I looked thru all the internet info I could find plus I could find them on ebay for a reasonable discount over the Leupolds. Also, I wanted a 12x which Leupold didn't have for that model. The only drawback I've found (which was as noted several places) that the lens caps, both ends, are basically worthless. I'll try to find an aftermarket cap for the big ends and the eyepiece ends seems to stay somewhat better after I added some filler tape on the caps. I think either one will work but I'd advise trying them out somewhere if you haven't yet as some don't always fit your eyes as well as others.
Good luck!

I bought Monarchs 10x42 - 2 years ago and love them. Ebay does have them at a discount over the big stores.

Also have the Nikons. No regrets, great glass for the money. Bought them through e-bay and save a few bucks.

Thanks for the input guys, I ended up buying the Nikons. Going to head out this weekend to do a little scouting and break them in!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom