Nikon Fieldscope ed82

I've been seriously looking at getting one also. Obviously, it's not a scope one would pack in some place, but on a stand, or from the pickup would probably work well. All the viable reviews I've been able to find on it say the quality in construction and glass is right there with the best of them.

I bought one last year awesome scope but is a pain in the a$$ to pack I have a horn hunter pack & a bone collector & it fits great in both but after u throw in the tripod it does add another 7 to 8 pounds im sure there are tripods out there that weigh alot less than mine but cost was my biggest issue there to save 3 or 4 pounds was almost $400 more...but I love the scope the clarity is excellent I looked at swar-leica & zeiss it was as clear as any of them..& I got mine for $1050..new in the box couldt beat that deal I pack in usually 2 to 5 miles on a day elk or deer hunt & it a noticeable add on as far as weight goes..

I am just having a hard time justifying the extra $1400 bucks for a swaro or leica zeiss etc. I found a leica 77 televid but thats about an additional $600 more. Dont know if I can afford it.

If I were going to pack it every where, I would probably jump down to the 65mm ed, just a thought.

where do u live??? I am in idaho & can hook u up with a outfit that smokes everybody in the valley..this scope sells for $1399 plus tax every where here in idaho & I picked mine up for $1054 tax included...

After extensive research and looking around I wound up with the 82 ED and couldn't be more satisfied. I too could not justify the extra $1500 when looking at Zeiss/Swaro/Leica. I compared my Nikon to my neighbor's Zeiss 85 T FL side by side. The contrast, image, and resolution of the Nikon is right there with the Zeiss. The Zeiss eyepiece is more forgiving if you wear glasses (I don't), and has a wider FOV, but the optics of the Nikon are right there. A big pro for the Nikon is the 75x zoom, which is usable under the right conditions and it is tack sharp even at the magnification. The Zeiss only goes to 60x. The Leica 77 Televid APO is much too long and heavy, and the eyepiece did not lock into place on the one I looked through. I believe the Nikon to be the best value in an alpha spotter today. If money were no object I'd have the Kowa 884 in a heartbeat, however.

I have used this spotter for years and the optical quality is every bit as good or better than any of the big boys that I have looked through. Have looked through top end euros side by side in many lighting situations and this scope will do more than hold its own with any of them. That being said it is a bit on the heavy side. However I pack mine everywhere without much hassle.

I saw a Leica 77 Televid with a 20-60x eyepiece for $1000.00 at the Bass Pro Shop in LV a while back. Last years model can be had at killer prices considering the quality of the scope. My MINOX 62 ED does a good job and is not as big and is easy to pack. Might look at them. NJS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom