Nikon ED50

E

elkrunner

How does this scope compare to the higher end scopes leica,swaro's as far as light gathering, crisp clean optics.

I have one. It is crisp and very lightweight/compact. As can be expected the FOV, brightnes, and magnification (30X) are somewhat lacking. If I had to do it again I'd just buy one 65mm scope instead of my ED 50 and a Zeiss 85mm.

Very Well. I own a Swaro 65 and the Nikon ED. 50. The Nikon is no Swaro, but images are very clear at 40X (I have a 13-40x zoom eyepiece rather than just the normal 13-30x)

In fact I am thinking of selling my 65mm and obtaining an 80 because there is not a huge amount of difference between the clarity of the Nikon and the Swaro. I'll keep the 80 in the truck and take the Nikon in the pack instead of the heavier Swaro.

The Nikon is truly the perfect backpack scope. With the 40X it weight about 19-21 oz. It does the job in the field very well. I do not feel undergunned with it and I think most are shocked with clarity. Low light is better in the Swaro, but that is to be expected, but the Nikon still does very well at dawn and dusk.

If you can purchase the scope and the eyepiece separately that is the way to go. The Nikon 13-30 is still a great buy, but it is really worth it to get the 40x zoom eyepiece.

If you live local you are welcome to meet at Cabelas and Check it out if you want.

>Very Well. I own a
>Swaro 65 and the Nikon
>ED. 50. The Nikon is
>no Swaro, but images are
>very clear at 40X (I
>have a 13-40x zoom eyepiece
>rather than just the normal
>13-30x)
>
>In fact I am thinking of
>selling my 65mm and obtaining
>an 80 because there is
>not a huge amount of
>difference between the clarity of
>the Nikon and the Swaro.
>I'll keep the 80 in
>the truck and take the
>Nikon in the pack instead
>of the heavier Swaro.
>
>The Nikon is truly the perfect
>backpack scope. With the
>40X it weight about 19-21
>oz. It does the
>job in the field very
>well. I do not
>feel undergunned with it and
>I think most are shocked
>with clarity. Low light
>is better in the Swaro,
>but that is to be
>expected, but the Nikon still
>does very well at dawn
>and dusk.
>
>If you can purchase the scope
>and the eyepiece separately that
>is the way to go.
> The Nikon 13-30 is
>still a great buy, but
>it is really worth it
>to get the 40x zoom
>eyepiece.
>
>If you live local you are
>welcome to meet at Cabelas
>and Check it out if
>you want.

The optics are impressive for a scope this size. I have the ED50 and a Leica APO 77. I really like the ED50 and this combo. The ED50 is so light I dont mind packing it with me the whole time Im hunting. I use the Leica when im in the truck and for preseason scouting.

I went with the wide angle fixed power eye pieces (27x and 40x). They are brighter and have a larger fov than the zoom eye pieces. To my eye the the WA 27x is the best all around eye piece for this scope.

Elkrunner, please see my post to ASB inder "compact Spotting Scope."

I really think you will like the ED 50.

Cheers,

Porter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom