Nikon binos, who has some?

grizzmoose

Very Active Member
Im in the market for some new binos. For my price range (no more than 400 bucks), Ive had some friends recommend Nikon. I use Nikon glass on my camera and of course love it, so Nikon binos seem like a good choice.

For those of you who have a pair or have used some, Id like to hear your reviews. What model do you have and how do you like them? If there is something else you use that you would recommend over Nikon for my price range, Id love to hear your recommendation.

Thanks!

-Travis

I have the monarch 10x42 and havent had a problem with them. They are good for the amount of money you spend on them....

I recommend the Monarch ATB 8x42's. For me, the 10's are too hard to hold steady off hand. I can even manage a quick view with one hand at relatively close range, which is nice if you have a gun or bow in your other hand. IMO, Nikon is second to none in this price range, and the next best would be those in the European class of optics.

On of the best advantages of Nikon, aside from superior optics, is the 25 year no-fault policy. A crack developed in the screw-up eye-piece in my first pair (I'm unreasonably hard on binos), and I sent them in for repair. The sent me a new pair, free. No questions asked. I'm happy.

Travis,
In the under $400.00 price class there are some excellent offerings from Nikon, Vortex, Pentax, & Minox. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss different options.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com

I also have a pair of Monarch ATB's 8x42. Have had them for about 3 years now. I live in the Pacific Northwest and they have not fogged up yet and believe me if they are going to fog they are certainly going to do it in this environment. I like the fact that they are small enough to hold steady when you need them.

I have the Monarch ATB 10x42's and I personally think they are worth every penny. I echo the things already mentioned. The biggest thing for me is you get good quality and upper end optics without the price. That's tough to come by in a world where you generally "get what you pay for". My only upgrade would be to Swaro's. Everything in between is about the same through these eyes.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

Been using 10X42 Monarch ATB for 3 years. Awesome, light, bright, sharp and easy to use for long periods. One of the best values for the money I've seen in a while.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom