Nikon 82mm ED??

khensley

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-07 AT 09:07PM (MST)[p]Trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on a Nikon 82mm ED with 25-75 zoom, here in Reno, NV. Had it inside and outside the store, in all the places the guy would let me drag him and the tripods(shade, bright sun, etc.), side by side with the 82mm Nikon Prostaff.

I honestly could NOT see any difference between the two, perhaps just a tiny bit at the lowest power settings. Yes, I was looking out over the desert landscape at 4pm in the heat of the day, the heatwaves pretty much clobbered anything over 35x. I think I'll go back about 7pm tomorrow evening.

Sure couldn't see the $$$ difference between the two, in the situations I had them in. Heck of a deal on the ED ($950)....but still $300 more than the Prostaff at regular price.

Reccomendations? I certainly don't need a new spotter this year, the rest of my hunting will be western Oregon where my little 20x 50mm fixed power Leupold compact is great (except in low light). However, I hate to pass up a screamin' deal when I find one, also.

kh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom