Nikon 50ED Spotter

Stubaby

Very Active Member
Hey, I just got my new scope in the mail. 50ED scope body from shopwise2000.com for $409 landed. Then picked up the 13-40X demo(looks brand new to me) eyepiece from cameralandny..omly $89. This scope normally sells for 700 bucks with only the 13-30X eye piece and I am landed with the 40X eyepiece and spotter for $498. It's only 22oz and thanks to those posts here to help me get this great deal.

Any recommendations on tripods or eye pieces for digiscoping? I was thinking the 16x wide-angle one?

Thanks and happy hunting....
Stuart

You have a sweet set-up there! I paid a litte more for the same thing & I am not complaining. As for tripods, I went with the Vortex High-Country. It has a ball head, which I like & it fits in my pack perfectly. Tripod is a little heavier than I like, but I am OK trading that for stability & the ball head.
Good for you, it's better glass than many will give credit for. I like my 60 Swaro, but the size & clarity if this tiny thing is an acceptable compromise for my particular eyes, and I know all eyes see differently!!

i just got that same set up you have for my backpacking hunts, I put a slik 613 and Jim White head under it. Its a sweet set up for ultralight. I just used it on an antelope hunt in Wyoming and it does pretty good in moderate wind. With the 613 your limited to sitting and spotting but that doesn't bother me.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-09 AT 02:28PM (MST)[p]I have the same setup and really like it, it's very light and the glass quality seems very good for the price. I have the vortex highcountry tripod. It is nice as well but I am looking for a new head. I hated the ball head since it made panning and moving the scope very jerky unless I totally loosened it which then meant I had to hold the scope and head. Maybe I just haven't found the right technique but a smoother panning head with a handle seems worth the weight to me.

Crack the thumb screw to the ball head so it is 3/4 tight. Prior to that put a dash of WD 40 in there. It is easy to cant/roll/pan/etc & then tighten it where you want. Just an opinion, but I really like that head with a touch of oil.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom