Nice Oregon Blacktail

Blank

Long Time Member
Just finished a 770 mile return trip from the Roseburg area of Oregon. We're coming back from a very sucessful blacktail trip. My partner got a good mature 4x3 buck and I was blessed with this guy. Numbers add up to a green score of 133" gross, and 130" net. Should be good enough for the 3 year Awards on B&C, and will make a gorgeous mount.

Now I can sneak in a final day to hunt antelope tomorrow, then 2 whitetail tags, a Idaho cow elk, Arizona bull elk with Predator in Unit 8, and finally finish with a January Texas trophy buck hunt.

8900dsc01725.jpg

You got yourself one heck of a trophy there. Monster blacktails that like don't come around every corner of the woods.

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Great Blacktail buck!!! I need one like that for my wall, don't we all. Good luck on the rest of your hunts.

That's a beaut!
Most of the muley guys here that are accustom to seeing good bucks probably can't appreciate what it takes to get a good 4x4 blacktail.
You did very well indeed.
HH

Thanks guys; yes, I know just how hard the good ones are to get down. Hunted the Napa/Calistoga/Mendicino area of California for years for those 2's and 3's, and never saw anything like this one. Saw a cell phone picture of a friend's son and a 160" archery blacktail buck he took that may break Top-10. WOW!!!!!

Made it out to hunt muzzleloader antelope today for the last time, and missed a great buck (probably 80+ with everything you dream of) at a considerable distance in the wind and rain. The best thing is he will be back next year, if I can just get the tag again.

Good luck to everyone on the rest of the season.

Wow that is a nice BT Buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom