Nice N.Cache Buck

Ticks N Tines

Very Active Member
What do you fellas think of this Prong Buck? I'm not the best antelope judge but he looked pretty good to me.

5277prong_buck.jpg

7356prong_buck_2.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

I would be shooting that buck in ANY ONE of Utah's units!!!

Ok, I lied. I would shoot that buck anywhere, period.

Pred

You are brave to post a B&C lope on a unit with many tags, that the hunt hasn't started yet. That buck could score in the mid 80's. Good luck. Let us know how things work out.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-11 AT 04:15PM (MST)[p]Don't get me wrong, that is a nice goat for Utah.

BUT, that goat is not going to be in the 80's. He has decent mass, but the top of his horns do not curl around much. I'm going to say at most he is 14.5" tall. The cutters aren't anything huge either.

Nice goat, but I'm guessing more around 74 than >80. Still, it is a good goat and I would probably take him on the unit as well.

Let's hear some more guess on score. I think he is 15 1/2 to 16 inches tall even without much curl. Looking at ear length, he is 8 to 8.5 inchs to top of prong and 7 plus above prong. Looking at his mass compared to eye. IMO that goat will gross over 80 inches. In the first picture look how tall he is compared to his head size. A very nice goat for Utah.

That is a real nice buck for Utah I would agree he is at least 15 if not close to 16.

Big head and neck and body says he is bigger than most think by only looking at the horns.

Great mass below the cutters. Good but not great cutters. Mass above the cutters is only average but who cares. Ear tips below the cutters. Length is 15.5 or better. He doesn't hook but he doesn't need to.

I say 82-84" gross and a shooter for any unit in Utah.

+1

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

Thomas Jefferson

I would score him at:

5.0 Prong
15.5 length

40.0 x 2 =80 inches gross is minimum.

I have a 82 inch goat and my boy has a 81 4/8 inch goat on the wall. I think this lope is in that ball park.

HJB, I hope you are able to put your tag on this lope and well see how big he is.

I don't even have a tag.
I was waiting for the PMs to fly in, but never got any.
Too bad, because I was more than willing to give out his exact location.

I'm sure someone probably pulled the trigger on him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom