NICE DEED'zzzz

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
Nice Deed's = Planting for Pollinators.

If you also plant Flowers for Pollinators to do a Good Deed because many are Dying, feel free to share.

129820160510131304.jpg

First try uploading a Video:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos3/111320160509134508.mp4

Stunning Jager!

I planted some bulbs last fall. (Ranunculus). Don't know about the bees, but my wife thought it was such a nice deed she invited me to be the pollinator. She likes any thing that makes her garden pig happy. :)

7209happypig003.jpg

eelgrass.... That's a seriously well built Fence.

Happy Pig's = goodness.

I have not been as dedicated to Bulbs as I should be. I need to get with the program and I salute your Pollinator enthusiasm with "Pleasing the Wife".

I have been cooped up indoors for near 10 years and must get outside. I built a nice Flower Box as an excuse to fight pain and get back in some form of shape and better health. I will take a picture of the Flower Box. Simple woodworking and Gardening is fun. I should also get back to a Garden and grow something..? Tomatoes, Watermelons, Squash, Beans...?

I may rent a riding rototiller. With my Daughter raising an FFA Beef in the back yard, she built up a very tall pile of hay, poop and straw with dirt mixed in. If hit with a rototiller, I'll have compost. I will also rebuild my Worm farm. Those little guys devour filled vacuum cleaner bags, card board, hair, anything and gave, worm juice water out a lower spout that was actually "Hot" for plants and needed to be diluted.

If I can stay motivated, I'll have a better looking area(s) and become healthier also. Thank's eelgrass. I hope others will post their work.

The older I get the more I like the vivid colors of flowers, especially wild flowers. These days I'm more inclined to take pictures of wild flowers than I am wild critters. :). Don't have any pics. to share off this phone, I'll post a few later.

"Age will do for man what religion can never do", when it comes to the more gentle side of life. ;-)

And.......I've actually grown to enjoy this part of this phase, way more than I ever expected I would. Thanks for sharing your pretties gentlemen.

DC

I used to have a pretty big garden and we used to can a lot, but not so much anymore. I can get a can of peas for $.58 at Winco now days. If I could grow tomatoes I sure would every year though. It's just too cold and damp here on the coast.

I remember one year a neighbor said he had a bunch of horse manure that he piled up outside his horse barn....free for the taking. I couldn't get down there fast enough and loaded 2 full pickup loads. I wheel barreled it back to the garden and rototilled it in real good. It was late winter so I kind of forgot about it for awhile. When it came time to plant I had the best looking crop of oats I ever saw coming up. What a disaster that year.

Gardening is good for the body and the soul.

I'm not sure about all the flower stuff, guys.

2lumpy- while out looking for "pretties", find us some cow elk if you don't mind. :)

I'm doing a couple of solo hunts this year...I hope so anyway. I've only done one in my 44 years and that was on my Vernon mule deer hunt. I am really, REALLY looking forward to being out in the mountains by myself reflecting. It's almost like the deer are secondary. I'm not sure why I'm feeling this way but it's kind of weird. It's a little off subject but what lumpy said lead me here. I am more looking forward to just being on a hillside glassing God's creation more so than looking to fill the tag.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

eelgrass.... (and everyone) I have been thinking about making a

Greenhouse BUT.... I have a tendency to build a Castle instead
of controlling myself to understand SMALL, Practical, etc...
So take a look at this website: http://www.gardeners.com/buy/elevated-garden-beds/elevated-planters/

I understand the Coastal Temperatures and a small Greenhouse
as shown in the above link is another job I am thinking
about. The Corrugated Clear Fiberglass panels
(Like old Tin Roofing material) are long and cheap.
But there I go again, thinking of an actual walk
in Structure/Greenhouse. For those with self
control a small Greenhouse may be fun, even for
the other
family members.

2lumpy...Back when I carried my Canon AE1 while Hunting,
I took pictures of everything. I had a macro lens and
even Bear Scatt was photoed. I found the best pictures
simply could not be captured. As in Duck/Geese Hunting
where a Fog is rolling through and small Birds make
sounds in the Marsh. It's about "Being There"....which
is what Wiszard mentioned.

Here is a Shout-Out to folks who Read and seldom Post.
Jump in with your picture(s). If you've never figured
how to post a picture, just try. After writing go up
to where it reads attach. Click on it then locate your
file and click on it. A long file name appears. Copy it
then Paste it into the Text Box. Click at the bottom
Preview...no one will see it. Then click Post and scroll
up to top, click Forums and then select Campfire.
Join the gang.

Here is the Flower Box I just made to help my health.

Video:
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos3/731220160512142016.mp4

754320160512142110.jpg

353620160512142202.jpg

132820160512142220.jpg

I should say that the Pollinator Flowers were FREE. I forget the site but the Federal Gov encourages people everywhere to start their own Pollinator Gardens. They will mail you assorted seeds depending on how much space one wishes to plant. Just Google this subject and maybe, you will get free seeds. The larger the space, the more seeds shall be mailed. ie a few acres = pounds of assorted Wildflowers. This program may also work jointly with Cities and Schools.

Hope this helps. OK new readers, lets see a post with 1+ pictures.

DW, That's a great Picture. I need to return to
using a Camera.

Jagerdad :)

Did you make the duck pen out of pvc pipe?

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

My youngest Daughter in FFA said one day...The Feed Store has Ducks...!!!!

I said yes ..???

The Daughters used PVC and made a movable Pen so the Ducks may eat grass seed heads. They move it around the Lawn.

She Raised Rabbits at School Farm then Butchered them. I had many Rabbit Dinners and every one was great. I suspect someday I will be having Duck Dinners.

Jager, how did you upload your video? I've never seen that before.

When it says "Browse", I went to my videos and clicked "open" then "upload photo" but it gives an error message. Am I in the wrong format?

The reason I ask is because I recently got a GoPro camera and I would like to post videos on occasion. Video is kind of a new world for me and I have lots to learn. Thanks!

I simply selected it, just like a Picture. I did no formatting.

However, I forgot another Video and tried to select it. It showed as loading then suddenly, it reverted to: No File Selected.

I attributed it to my poor Internet connection. It could be that the MM's Server is busy and not a robust Server...?

There was "Sentence" spacing issues when I posted. That's why my blocks of words did not appear properly. When the Video did show up, there were many error messages but, I expanded the screen and at the bottom was a file, just like a picture, I could copy and paste into the writing areas.

Just when I tell others to post, the server is goofy :)

A thread about flowers? What the hell is wrong with you guys?

OK, so I got a few grape vines, some fruit trees, and I noticed a lot of wild roses while turkey hunting this year, but that is entirely different.

LAST EDITED ON May-13-16 AT 02:26AM (MST)[p]Don't let the Wizard mess with you, he know exactly where a herd of cow elk are. (Well..........it's now a small herd. By design.)

Now.............back to the other pretties.

Here's a beautiful green plant, from across the street.

935prettygreenplant.jpg

Sparse ground cover.

6901tinypurple.jpg

HorrificSplender

9050horifficsplender.jpg

Contrasts

2873contrastsinyellowandgreen.jpg

Lonesone Pink Five Spoke

7086lonesomeinpink.jpg

White Doves

9465whitedoves.jpg

Butter Drops

6208butterdrops.jpg

Trick or Treat

8907trickortreat.jpg

Fruit Of The Flowers

8907trickortreat.jpg

Wilderness Coronation

2065wildcrownsoftheroyals.jpg

Naughty or Nice

1629naughtyornice.jpg

Princess Diana.....Out Back

4033diana.jpg

Glenwood Necter

417glenwoodnecter.jpg

Someday........Santa Maria. A little something for everybody in my back yard!

4357santamaria.jpg

May the stimulating waters of spring bring forth majestic spectrums of light from the great outdoors, to your back yard.

DC

Jager that was just my phone, a Samsung S4 at the time, I hardly carry a camera anymore. Course it helps bein a couple miles closer to the sun than most, on a colorado bluebird day. All together different lighting.

DW; I have many Samsung pictures like this, all out of Focus:

740720160509134335.jpg

Then this example. My Dog is beautiful yet the picture is Grainy:

116920160228182158.jpg

That's what I felt. My Daughter Heidi is also a Photography student and she say's my problems are: User Error Based..!!!!

I once had a Nikon 775 digital camera and no matter what you'd aim it at, the pictures were stunning.

It broke and was replaced by a Kodak Easy Share DX6490. It is not nearly as good.

Here are some pictures using the Nikon:

7037garethmalcomjohninengland.jpg

On my friends Hunting Estate in England, near Stone Hinge. Roe Buck:

5233roedeer.jpg

4885neuschwansteinjohn.jpg

6484johnbigben.jpg

6563winninggoldandmakingtheteam.jpg

The Winning of the Silver Medal, World Championships, Lahti Finland:
5045silvermedal.jpg

Hunting in another Country; Germany with my friend Roland.

9516johnrolandwithdata.jpg

Sorry, I got carried away with click'em-i-tis.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom